- Conduct Adobe Photoshop training workshops from foundation through to advanced pre-press retouching techniques for all of Bauer Media’s designers in Australia and New Zealand, across 84 titles, over 190 staff
- Project management; implementation, scheduling, training, post training client support, communications and target reporting to Editors and Creative Directors
- Developed Bauer Media’s InDesign template building process and training program. Hold two day InDesign template building workshops for all Art Directors
Oversee a team of 11 Prepress staff working with 60 designers across 50 magazine titles
Manager of The Digital Colour Centre (Launched in house Photography and integrated the Retouch department). 7 full time photography and retouching staff and freelancers working with 40 designers across 30 magazine titles
- RIP, process, troubleshoot and impose jobs in accordance with CTP workflow from any native format or output file. In 7 years of pre-press operating I have never had a mistake incurring a cost or press downtime. Jobs worked on include annual reports, direct mail, magazines and brochures. Clients included St George, Commonwealth Bank, Vodafone, NRMA and various magazine titles.
- Liaise with printers, bindery staff, production planners and account managers on a daily basis.
- Agencies contracted from: Desktop People, Mac People, Sage, DDK and Summit Recruitment.
- Companies contracted to included: ACP & Emap Magazines, Starcom, Colour Solutions, Pfizer, Makitta, AON Live Wire, Berney Studios, Pettaras Press.
- Applications Support & Trainer
- Senior Pre-Press Operator
- Finished Artist
|Employer||Bauer Media Group|
|Website||login to view website|
With 20 years passion and involvement in the printing and publishing industry I have gained a wealth of experience up to a senior level in best practice workflows, photography, retouching, pre-press, printing, colour, IT and graphic design.
In management roles (9 years) I work well with all levels of staff and consistently achieve above my targets.
Thinking outside the square I've designed and implement workflow changes necessary to be efficient, cost effective and accountable from lens to design to print/output. I've also trained, advised and exchanged information with countless photographers, designers, printing and media industry professionals.
With the decline in print media and the mainstream introduction of Digital Photography in 2007 I took on the role of Studio Manager and have developed into a profession photographer.
Prior to leaving full time work in tradition media I self trained in DSLR Video, Website development and hosting to a proficient level.
I'm currently busy freelancing in a wide variety of roles and always happy to hear from new clients big or small.
Your message has been sent!
Save time and take advantage of member only discounts by signing up below:
Once you click confirm your message will be sent.
Thank you, The Loop Team