We are looking for an exciting, creative, driven and ambitious digital designer to join our team.
So if you're a hard worker who is passionate about designing eye-catching collateral and, of course, have a fun & vibrant personality, then apply now!
Please ensure your application includes a resume and PDF portfolio or link to your online portfolio.
Creative Front End Developer – Website Travel, Sydney/ Byron
We have a position available for the next A-factor to our adventure travel IT development team.
Website Travel, one of the largest travel platforms used amongst Australasia, is looking for a front end developer who takes pride in creating highly functional, visually rich interfaces, that are both usable and accessible across all common browsers and devices.
Employing a current development crew, we are looking to modernize our assets in line with relevant departments within our business. If you appreciate new initiatives, modern presentation styles and have an existing portfolio of works to date we want to hear from you. We are not just wanting a good developer, but a team player and someone who can apply their skill set alongside understanding our business requirements. We strive to be a dynamic, changing and advanced travel platform for our agents and operators who use our digital assets, and invite the right person to truly create market leading technology with us.
· HTML (including HTML5)
· CSS (including CSS3 – particularly media queries)
· Experience developing code compliant with WCAG 2.0
· Object Oriented PHP development
· Experience working with third party content management systems
· Silverstripe framework knowledge or experience an advantage, not essential however.
· SQL databases
· React or Angular or VueJS frameworks an advantage
· Bootstrap CSS framework knowledge an advantage
· Experience working with Rest APIs
· Able to think fast, be client facing and able to assist the entire project team in producing excellent work to meet business objectives on every level.
· Knowledge of analytics and SEO, not essential but understanding desirable.
· Photoshop abilities
You will be:
· A team player – one of us and more than a face behind skype/ webinar forums!
· Happy to muck in, get your hands dirty and understand the 'who' and 'why' of our business.
· Passionate about making technology not only be functioning well, but also look great.
· We want someone who will take ownership and pride in their work, innovate and is willing to take initiative in understanding the NEXT step for the company, as well be able to work with creative feedback/criticism from the team.
· Based in either Byron Bay or Sydney, where by you can work in with our teams and have a quick stream of communication to those you need. We work fast and want to facilitate our front end developer to achieve big things in our presence.
· Available to start immediately, or at maximum, within the next 4 weeks.
· Available Monday – Friday, min 30 hours but preferred full time.
Website Travel is an award-winning, cool travel platform founded in Byron Bay. We retain the feel of a smaller agency by operating as a small management and administrative team due to our technology's market leading capability. We however service over 700 agents worldwide and connect over 3,000 products to our sales and administrative services. As this is an international agency there may be the opportunity to travel to our other offices.
We will offer you every opportunity to grow and develop your skills. We are looking for someone who takes great pride in their work. We are looking for someone with the right attitude that will fit in to our highly skilled team and have the same passion and drive that we have for every project we work on.
Email a cover letter and cv, along with proven examples of work you have created before. Digital portfolios are welcomed, in fact, may be the deciding factor on the outcome of your application with us.
Digital Designer/Web Designer
Part time: 15-17 hours per week / Full Time: 35 hours per week
We’re a boutique agency located in Mornington and are excited to announce we are looking for a Digital/Web Designer to join our team.
If you have exceptional digital design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive with layouts and love working directly with clients then you might be the perfect fit.
Applicant must have a passion for design, be able to work in a fast paced environment, work autonomously and as part of a team and also be able to manage a diverse workload. Excellent time management skills and attention to detail are a must.
We’re also open to graphic designers with exceptional layout skills looking to cross over to website design. For us it’s about finding the right fit for our studio and clients.
· Creative web layout skills demonstrated in a supplied portfolio
· Interpret user and client feedback to enhance your designs
· Fast learner who is keen to learn new skills and techniques
· Excellent troubleshooting, time management and communication skills
· Confident in taking client meetings, interpreting briefs and taking on client feedback
· Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
· Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web.
· Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other relevant design tools.
· Some experience in WordPress would be an advantage.
Perks of the job
· Great location in walking distance to beach
· Relaxed, professional and friendly working environment
· Opportunity to grow with the business and be part of our success.
· Focused on training and up skilling
· Flexible hours for part time
Scope of work will include (but is not limited to)
· Website design (WordPress Platform)
· Client meetings and website project management
· Adding supplied content / website page creation to follow your designs (you will be working with a developer that can do any required coding)
· Working alongside our website developers and design team
· Participate in team meetings / training
All applications should be 5mb or less and require an introductory cover letter, resume and your best folio or links of work. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, creative yet disciplined looking for a great opportunity then we want to hear from you.
Please Note: This role is located in Mornington. You therefore need to be residing on the Mornington Peninsula or happy to commute from Melbourne. This position is not available for freelancing or working off-site. If you are from overseas you must hold an Australian working visa. Overseas applicants need not apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.