MEDIA ADVISOR (Electorate Officer B)
Manager of Opposition Business in the Senate
Applications are invited for the above position based in the Brisbane office
of Senator Anthony Chisholm.
The media advisor will be responsible for creating media content that has
wide appeal, is concise and is timely. This content will primarily be of a
digital nature, but will also include traditional media.
The role is initially 3 days per week part-time, on an ongoing basis.
Applicants should possess the following skills and experience:
The position is offered under the Members
of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise
A commencing salary of between $62,895 and $73,431 pro-rata will be
determined based on experience and skills, and an optional allowance is payable
in recognition of, and as compensation for, reasonable additional hours of work.
A probationary period of 3 months will apply.
Applications setting out details of experience and the names of two
referees should be forwarded to bart.[..]
Applications close on 1
For further information please contact Bart Mellish at [..]
Digital Designer/Web Designer
Part time: 15-17 hours per week / Full Time: 35 hours per week
We’re a boutique agency located in Mornington and are excited to announce we are looking for a Digital/Web Designer to join our team.
If you have exceptional digital design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive with layouts and love working directly with clients then you might be the perfect fit.
Applicant must have a passion for design, be able to work in a fast paced environment, work autonomously and as part of a team and also be able to manage a diverse workload. Excellent time management skills and attention to detail are a must.
We’re also open to graphic designers with exceptional layout skills looking to cross over to website design. For us it’s about finding the right fit for our studio and clients.
· Creative web layout skills demonstrated in a supplied portfolio
· Interpret user and client feedback to enhance your designs
· Fast learner who is keen to learn new skills and techniques
· Excellent troubleshooting, time management and communication skills
· Confident in taking client meetings, interpreting briefs and taking on client feedback
· Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
· Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web.
· Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other relevant design tools.
· Some experience in WordPress would be an advantage.
Perks of the job
· Great location in walking distance to beach
· Relaxed, professional and friendly working environment
· Opportunity to grow with the business and be part of our success.
· Focused on training and up skilling
· Flexible hours for part time
Scope of work will include (but is not limited to)
· Website design (WordPress Platform)
· Client meetings and website project management
· Adding supplied content / website page creation to follow your designs (you will be working with a developer that can do any required coding)
· Working alongside our website developers and design team
· Participate in team meetings / training
All applications should be 5mb or less and require an introductory cover letter, resume and your best folio or links of work. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, creative yet disciplined looking for a great opportunity then we want to hear from you.
Please Note: This role is located in Mornington. You therefore need to be residing on the Mornington Peninsula or happy to commute from Melbourne. This position is not available for freelancing or working off-site. If you are from overseas you must hold an Australian working visa. Overseas applicants need not apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.