GMG Digital is looking for a young and enthusiastic digital design intern (UX/UI) with a passion for all things digital and technology to join our expanding team.
As an intern you will be situated at the very forefront of the business, working closely with our web team and helping our clients build successful tech-driven user experiences that are based on validated research.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hungry digital design professional who wants to go from being a 'good' designer to a 'great' designer. GMG is growing faster than ever, and for the right candidate, you will be given the opportunity to create your own career development.
We are dedicated to investing in your professional development to equip you to become an outstanding designer.
This internship will be unpaid for six months on a part-time basis (2 days a week) with the option of a lucrative full-time position available upon completion.
Assist the design team with day-to-day tasks.
To be successful in this role you should be a proactive professional with experience and skills that match the following:
- Be willing, eager, and hungry to learn about design
- be at University or just graduated
- excellent eye for design
- an interest in a variety of different areas of digital design
- have excellent written and verbal skills (must understand Australian colloquialism, slang, and grammar)
- an understanding or experience in UX/UI design
- experience in animation for digital display banners would be an advantage but not essential.
Please send your cover letter, résumé and any examples of your design work.
Senior Graphic Designer / Web Developer / Studio Manager
About Blick Creative
Blick Creative is a full circle design and web development agency looking for an exceptional Senior Graphic Designer with Front-End Web Development skills to become a part of our close-knit team. Blick has a diverse range of clients, from government to corporate, with a special focus on the not-for-profit sector.
Full-time and available immediately the position will focus about 50/50 on graphic design and front-end web development. You will work across disciplines from logo design and branding, to publications, as well as UI design, while managing a small team. Be in creative control from concept through to final project deployment in print and web development. The position is Head of Design and Digital, and you will often be required to drive projects personally. Strong people, verbal, written communication and time management skills are a must.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in an agency environment or similar
- An impressive design portfolio showcasing a range of work including: logo design, publication design and website UI
- Proficiency in the use of the Adobe CC suite and solid pre press knowledge
- Understanding of responsive web design and a mobile first design approach
- Good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS. jQuery knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of cross-browser quirks and testing
- Experience using CMS systems – please indicate which in your application, Adobe Business Catalyst, Word Press, Craft CMS experience a bonus
- EDM development and testing experience a bonus
- Experience using Sketch for UI design
- Team player and self-starter
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Driven to continuously self-improve and share knowledge with the team
What you will benefit from:
- Being a part of a passionate and professional team
- Working on diverse client projects and seeing them through from start to finish
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects for local and large international NFPs
- Regular work hours with only the occasional over time required to meet project deadlines
- Be part of a culture that encourages engagement in industry events
- Contributing to in-house seminars, plus annual events such as our Tree Planting Day
- A funky studio in Clifton Hill above excellent coffee shops
- Music, fortnightly yoga, and team lunch meetings!
All applications need to include a cover letter, resume and work examples (folio less than 5MB or website link)
To find out more about Blick Creative, please visit our website [...]
We are one of the leading online retailers in Australia with multiple brands and stores. We own and operate two sister companies, IBSA and Excite Online Services, which specialise in intimate apparel and sexual wellness products.
Our philosophy has and will always be to create the best shopping experience for our customers. In doing so, we have experienced tremendous growth and are spreading our wings into different categories and territories.
You're a creative individual with advanced Photoshop skills, an exceptional eye for detail and commercial design flair. You're willing to hit the ground running in a fast-paced role and make your mark within the team, all with initiative and an upbeat attitude.
Due to our growth, we're seeking a talented individual to produce engaging commercial digital content for our online stores. This hands-on role offers an abundance of opportunities.
Skills and experienceMinimum of 3 years' commercial experience in a similar roleAdvanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite / PhotoshopHigh attention to detail, self-motivation and confidence in your abilitiesExceptional time management and communication skillsAbility to meet tight deadlinesClean, sophisticated design aesthetic with commercial flairMailChimp and photography experience are desirable but not essential
BenefitsJoin a well-established, continually growing online companyModern offices in excellent Abbotsford location with onsite parking and close to public transportOpportunity to dive into a fast-paced role and be innovativeOngoing career opportunitiesBecome part of a close, positive and fun-loving team!
The offerExcellent package of $65-75K based on experience + future monthly bonuses
Please submit a cover letter explaining how you meet the position responsibilities and provide a detailed resume together with your online portfolio.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.