Mid-Weight Graphic Designer / Web Developer
About Blick Creative
Blick Creative is a full circle design and web development agency looking for an exceptional Mid-Weight Graphic Designer with Front-End Web Development skills to become a part of our close-knit team. Blick has a diverse range of clients, from government to corporate, with a special focus on the not-for-profit sector.
Full-time and available immediately the position will focus about 50/50 on graphic design and front-end web development. You will work across disciplines from logo design and branding, to publications, as well as UI design, while managing a small team. Be in creative control from concept through to final project deployment in print and web development. Strong people, verbal, written communication and time management skills are a must.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience in an agency environment or similar
- An impressive design portfolio showcasing a range of work including: logo design, publication design and website UI
- Proficiency in the use of the Adobe CC suite and solid pre press knowledge
- Understanding of responsive web design and a mobile first design approach
- Good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS. jQuery knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of cross-browser quirks and testing
- Experience using CMS systems – please indicate which in your application,
- EDM development and testing experience a bonus
- Experience using Sketch for UI design
- Team player and self-starter
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Driven to continuously self-improve and share knowledge with the team
What you will benefit from:
- Being a part of a passionate and professional team
- Working on diverse client projects and seeing them through from start to finish
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects for local and large international NFPs
- Regular work hours with only the occasional over time required to meet project deadlines
- Be part of a culture that encourages engagement in industry events
- Contributing to in-house seminars, plus annual events such as our Tree Planting Day
- A funky studio in Clifton Hill above excellent coffee shops
- Music, fortnightly yoga, and team lunch meetings!
All applications need to include a cover letter, resume and work examples (folio less than 5MB or website link)
To find out more about Blick Creative, please visit our website [...]
About the business
Our fast growing digital marketing agency works with businesses across Australia. We specialise in writing marketing plans, managing campaigns and driving revenues for our clients. We are a full end-to-end digital agency from the big ideas to the detailed plan.
We are a small but dynamic team based in the city.
About the role
As a growing agency, we have needed to create a new role for a full time content producer and website designer. Working across a variety of clients requires a candidate who is adaptable - we produce websites and digital content for well known hospitality brands, professional services and other businesses.
Benefits and perks
Beautiful office space with water views. Options to work from home. Potential to travel.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running in a very dynamic (but small) agency, and therefore we require at least 1 years experience as either a full time website designer or content producer.
Knowledge of social media publishing software, MOZ, Squarespace, Wordpress & Google Drive would be ideal.
A detailed cover letter, referencing the above selection criteria is essential to any application and is seen as a critical piece of content.
Here’s your chance to join Host/Havas; voted #2 Agency in Australia in Campaign brief’s Hot List 2018.
We are looking to add a talented Senior Digital Designer to our Sydney Design team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself within a strong, collaborative team and contribute to the agency’s culture of fun, innovation and excellence across a wide range of projects and clients.
You will be someone who will uphold high standards of digital and interactive design, and will nurture and inspire a passion for greatness within the team, agency and our clients.
From concept through to delivery, you are experienced in how ideas are imagined and built successfully, including working closely with the development team from the start of a project.
You will craft top level interactive designs, prototype concepts early in tools such as InVision and be able to communicate interaction concepts clearly.
You will be familiar with creating responsive designs to work across all screen sizes and devices, as well as demonstrating best practice in designing for mobile apps and the mobile web.
You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably within an agency environment.
A genuine thirst for creating crowd-pleasing work backed up by a sparkling site/book/portfolio will be key contributors to a successful candidate.
Interested? Please apply with your CV and portfolio.