As the Creative Art Director, you will work closely with the marketing team to research, conceptualize, design and produce all marketing materials for our digital properties. You will report to the Managing Director on the design and marketing team, bridging the design and marketing efforts at Apparel Eleven (aussieBum, The New Zealand Laundry Company). This position is full-time and based in Leichhardt, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
This position is open to local and international Visa applicants looking to relocate in Sydney Australia.
- Synthesize broad marketing goals and accomplish them through design
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the design, product and executive teams
- Lead design projects with internal and external resources
- Research, conceptualize, and design new or existing iterations of our online properties and responsive websites to fit existing brand guidelines
- Work closely with the Front-end IT developer to Wireframe and prototype concepts and ideas
- Work with the design team (still and video digital producers) to produce rendered photography of our products as well as post production and photo retouching.
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the user experience from concept to launch - as well as post-launch design support
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of our online properties
Clearly articulate design decisions to internal stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in a design agency environment or electronic hardware industry
- A portfolio of work showcasing experience in executing UX, visual design (typography/layout/color/composition), and interaction design on various mediums (web, mobile, app, etc.)
- Knowledge in Adobe suite and other design tools
- Knowledge in art direct other designers, photographers and illustrators
- Knowledge in information design, user-centered design methods, web principle and up-to-date with current web technologies
- Experience working cross-functionally and collaborate with other stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment whose bench mark is award winning in a global dynamic market environment. You need to be have the ability to with a dynamic and hands on enterpenur and thrive under pressure where the bench mark is always above what you may be capable of delivering. In essence, you want to grow as a desinger and as a key stakeholder in a company whose sites are focused on being the best you can be,
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer / Web Developer
About Blick Creative
Blick Creative is a full circle design and web development agency looking for an exceptional Mid-Weight Graphic Designer with Front-End Web Development skills to become a part of our close-knit team. Blick has a diverse range of clients, from government to corporate, with a special focus on the not-for-profit sector.
Full-time and available immediately the position will focus about 50/50 on graphic design and front-end web development. You will work across disciplines from logo design and branding, to publications, as well as UI design, while managing a small team. Be in creative control from concept through to final project deployment in print and web development. Strong people, verbal, written communication and time management skills are a must.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience in an agency environment or similar
- An impressive design portfolio showcasing a range of work including: logo design, publication design and website UI
- Proficiency in the use of the Adobe CC suite and solid pre press knowledge
- Understanding of responsive web design and a mobile first design approach
- Good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS. jQuery knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of cross-browser quirks and testing
- Experience using CMS systems – please indicate which in your application,
- EDM development and testing experience a bonus
- Experience using Sketch for UI design
- Team player and self-starter
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Driven to continuously self-improve and share knowledge with the team
What you will benefit from:
- Being a part of a passionate and professional team
- Working on diverse client projects and seeing them through from start to finish
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects for local and large international NFPs
- Regular work hours with only the occasional over time required to meet project deadlines
- Be part of a culture that encourages engagement in industry events
- Contributing to in-house seminars, plus annual events such as our Tree Planting Day
- A funky studio in Clifton Hill above excellent coffee shops
- Music, fortnightly yoga, and team lunch meetings!
All applications need to include a cover letter, resume and work examples (folio less than 5MB or website link)
To find out more about Blick Creative, please visit our website [...]
About the business
Our fast growing digital marketing agency works with businesses across Australia. We specialise in writing marketing plans, managing campaigns and driving revenues for our clients. We are a full end-to-end digital agency from the big ideas to the detailed plan.
We are a small but dynamic team based in the city.
About the role
As a growing agency, we have needed to create a new role for a full time content producer and website designer. Working across a variety of clients requires a candidate who is adaptable - we produce websites and digital content for well known hospitality brands, professional services and other businesses.
Benefits and perks
Beautiful office space with water views. Options to work from home. Potential to travel.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running in a very dynamic (but small) agency, and therefore we require at least 1 years experience as either a full time website designer or content producer.
Knowledge of social media publishing software, MOZ, Squarespace, Wordpress & Google Drive would be ideal.
A detailed cover letter, referencing the above selection criteria is essential to any application and is seen as a critical piece of content.