Branding Identity Designer
Colette Werden Australia
Part Time - Website & Digital Designer
Who are we? Based in Melbourne, Colette Werden Australia is a Personal Branding Agency that works with entrepreneurs and professionals that want to increase their self-confidence, believability and influence so they can make their difference in the world.
What do we do? With the belief that our individuality is our power, Colette Werden and her team of experts work with talent to empower their authentic identity through the following services:
* Image development (1on1 Personal Styling and Group Image Development workshops)
* Headshot and Website photography production
* Stage Presence Training
* Presenting to Camera and Media Interview Training
What’s happening now? We are expanding our services in 2017. We now need a Branding Identity Designer - someone who has the focus of capturing a Personal Brand’s identity through design - online and print.
RESPONSIBILITIES | The selected creative all-rounder’s responsibilities will include:
#1: Branding Design; including logo creation, branding. packaging, marketing collateral, social media identity
#2: Website Design; and working with a web developer when necessary
#3: Client Relationships; maintaining and developing client portfolios
#4: Brand Support; proving general support to the CWA team where necessary, like, attending events, assisting at workshops
#5: Photography & Videography: this responsibility is a bonus. Our ultimate, ideal, “manifested” candidate will have the ability to shoot head shots / branding shots and shoot / edit videos for social media and websites. If this Creative Superhuman exists, then we will be drowning ourselves in Champagne to celebrate. (In this case, we would also hire an assistant for this person to ensure workload is managed well).
This role is not for a Graphic Designer that is currently running their own business, or has dreams to run their own design business. We are after someone that is keen to work within a team, beginning on a part-time basis and progressing to a full time role within Colette Werden Australia.
As we are starting this department from scratch - we need a flexible all-rounder that will thrive off the challenge of helping us launch a new department and is happy to do different things on different days to make it work.
SKILL SETS & TRAITS | The type of person we are looking for:
- The passion for aligning creativity with personal branding identity, in order to capture a person’s essence through design
- A visionary; creative genius with the ability to bring a vision to life in-print and online
- Branding Design
- Graphic Design
- Website Design
- Strong communication skills; the confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and the team
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the one time, efficiently and effectively, to adhere to timelines and deadlines
- Innate leadership skills and self-motivation; interested in leading a design team as the role grows
- Strong attention to detail
- Prides themselves on collaborating with and growing within a team committed to making a difference
- “All or nothing” attitude
- Values loyalty, honesty, generosity and a great laugh
- Exceptional customer service is a must
The following skill sets and traits will be highly regarded:
- Photography & editing
- Videography & editing
EXPERIENCE | The following is required:
A minimum of 2 years design experience in a relevant paid position, preceded by a tertiary design qualification.
HOW TO APPLY | Please read carefully:
No resume. No cover letter. Yet.
1. We'd love to meet you on camera first instead. Please create a private video on VIMEO and email the link through. ATTN: NIVA.
On this short video, please introduce yourself and answer the following questions:
1. What attracted you to this role with Colette Werden Australia?
2. Explain the skills or knowledge you already have, which are relevant to this position
3. Why do you do what you do?
4. How would you best describe your design work?
5. What’s your availability?
*We're not interested in whether you can present on camera or not, do not fuss about making it "perfect", we're more interested in connecting with you personally.
2. When you send the video link via email please include:
- Your contact details
- A link to your portfolio of work / examples of your work for the following:
1. Website Design
APPLICATIONS CLOSE | Sunday 16th of April, 5pm
First Round Interviews: Shortlisted applicants will be asked to send their resumes through and invited to a face-to-face interview with Colette Werden (CEO & Founder) and Carmen Lennox (Brand Manager) on Wednesday 19th of April.
Second round interviews: Friday 21st of April (a small task will be given to complete)
Final selection: Monday 24th of April