About the company
Sonder is the only company of its kind globally and is on an exciting fast-growth journey. Founded and staffed by professionals from a variety of backgrounds across the military, police and private sector, we provide 24/7 remote and in-person support to travellers and international students in need of assistance. At the touch of a button, Sonder’s powerful technology platform enables users to connect to our national network of local professionals and multi-lingual specialists.
About the role
We are looking for a talented UI designer with at least 5 years experience in visual and interaction design of user interfaces for apps and websites.
Following a recent rebranding exercise, you will have full creative design responsibility for the production of the next generation of apps and online services, created from the ground up, to meet Sonder’s business vision.
You will work alongside the UX lead to take low fidelity wireframes and prototypes through to finished creative UI designs for hand-off to the development team.
Exceptional eye for detailHigh standard of execution and creative output that works alongside the newly created brand guidelinesSolid self-management of design deliverables to timelinesAbility to collaborate with people from different disciplines (business directors, UX, technical team)
Skills and experience
Highly proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite with demonstrable ability in:Responsive layouts and gridsComposition, typography, colour usage, interaction and animation in user interfacesUser interface elements, hierarchy and spacingUser interface design patternsVisual design principles and trendsIcon designDesign for different breakpointsDesign handoff and deliverables
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career while contributing to a meaningful vision, please get in touch with your portfolio and resume.
GMG Digital is looking for a young and enthusiastic digital design intern (UX/UI) with a passion for all things digital and technology to join our expanding team.
As an intern you will be situated at the very forefront of the business, working closely with our web team and helping our clients build successful tech-driven user experiences that are based on validated research.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hungry digital design professional who wants to go from being a 'good' designer to a 'great' designer. GMG is growing faster than ever, and for the right candidate, you will be given the opportunity to create your own career development.
We are dedicated to investing in your professional development to equip you to become an outstanding designer.
This internship will be unpaid for six months on a part-time basis (2 days a week) with the option of a lucrative full-time position available upon completion.
Assist the design team with day-to-day tasks.
To be successful in this role you should be a proactive professional with experience and skills that match the following:
- Be willing, eager, and hungry to learn about design
- be at University or just graduated
- excellent eye for design
- an interest in a variety of different areas of digital design
- have excellent written and verbal skills (must understand Australian colloquialism, slang, and grammar)
- an understanding or experience in UX/UI design
- experience in animation for digital display banners would be an advantage but not essential.
Please send your cover letter, résumé and any examples of your design work.
Senior Graphic Designer / Web Developer / Studio Manager
About Blick Creative
Blick Creative is a full circle design and web development agency looking for an exceptional Senior Graphic Designer with Front-End Web Development skills to become a part of our close-knit team. Blick has a diverse range of clients, from government to corporate, with a special focus on the not-for-profit sector.
Full-time and available immediately the position will focus about 50/50 on graphic design and front-end web development. You will work across disciplines from logo design and branding, to publications, as well as UI design, while managing a small team. Be in creative control from concept through to final project deployment in print and web development. The position is Head of Design and Digital, and you will often be required to drive projects personally. Strong people, verbal, written communication and time management skills are a must.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in an agency environment or similar
- An impressive design portfolio showcasing a range of work including: logo design, publication design and website UI
- Proficiency in the use of the Adobe CC suite and solid pre press knowledge
- Understanding of responsive web design and a mobile first design approach
- Good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS. jQuery knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of cross-browser quirks and testing
- Experience using CMS systems – please indicate which in your application, Adobe Business Catalyst, Word Press, Craft CMS experience a bonus
- EDM development and testing experience a bonus
- Experience using Sketch for UI design
- Team player and self-starter
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Driven to continuously self-improve and share knowledge with the team
What you will benefit from:
- Being a part of a passionate and professional team
- Working on diverse client projects and seeing them through from start to finish
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects for local and large international NFPs
- Regular work hours with only the occasional over time required to meet project deadlines
- Be part of a culture that encourages engagement in industry events
- Contributing to in-house seminars, plus annual events such as our Tree Planting Day
- A funky studio in Clifton Hill above excellent coffee shops
- Music, fortnightly yoga, and team lunch meetings!
All applications need to include a cover letter, resume and work examples (folio less than 5MB or website link)
To find out more about Blick Creative, please visit our website [...]