Who are we?
We’re Year13; a young and forward-thinking company dedicated to making dreams and aspirations come true.
We don’t follow the rules and we don’t confine ourselves to the norm.
We’re market leaders paving the path for the next generation and we make no apologies for putting tradition in a stranglehold.
We’re passionate about thinking outside the box and making clients both large and small ask for more.
Who do we need?
We need a creative and talented graphic designer to help us create our print and digital design elements including everything from posters and flyers to banners, promotional material, EDM’s, Facebook campaign images, other digital images and lots in between.
We think the role would suit:
A recent graduate looking to apply their legendary design skills to a range of projects and work in a growing young team.
Get in touch if this sounds like you
• Adobe Creative Suite (Mainly: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom)
• Apple Office Suite (Keynote, Pages, Numbers)
• Creating collateral imagery for social media.
• Branding exercises
• UI and UX Design both Web and Mobile
• Print Design including finished art. Knowledge of print, regarding colour destinations, set up and process.
• Keynote design and assembly. For varied types of screens and applications. Laptop to 10mx3m LED Panels.
• Photography skills are a definite plus
• Videography skills are a definite plus
• Experience in Premiere/After Effects and editing videos is a plus
You have excellent communication skills
You are super organised, intelligent and learn really quickly
You have a great sense of humour, tons of initiative and lots of energy
We give bonus points if you:
Know how to use a Macs and Mac applications. We’re Mac people, but we won’t judge you too much if you’re a PC person!
Experience with banter,
A great music collection,
And know how to goanna wrestle.
Then you’re in!
Company OverviewHailing from the shores of Bondi Beach Australia, [...] is shaking up sports equipment with forward-thinking and disruptive [...] was founded on the simple idea of creating a piece of equipment with your personality, and individual needs in mind. We help you custom make your own equipment. From the dimensions, to the construct and even the artistic design, we are able to give you expert advice and guidance on the path to creating your dream sports equipment (surfboards, snowboards, skateboards, yoga equipment, if you name it we can help make it)
*Role OverviewThis role is a varied role looking after the day to day Australian operationsYou will be responsible for developing a physical product roadmap of new productsLiaising directly with suppliers, testing new products and onboarding factories to our management softwareManagement of production and logistic of goods ensuring their on spec and on time deliveryQC and management of final good output internationallyImproving operational efficiency of all company processesBuilding. recruiting & training additional operations staff gloabally
ResponsibilitiesDevise a product strategy, hunt and develop your own ideasBuild and maintain relationships with key suppliers.Maintain and develop your knowledge of the extreme sports market.Work closely with the Operations Team in the UK to ensure your products are fit for purposeSeek out all opportunities to grow your knowledge and learning
Key Relationships:Internal: Sales team (Australia), COO (UK)External: New and existing suppliers
Personal QualitiesExcellent communicationAbility to work to targets and thrive under pressure.Detailed awareness of our product offeringAbility to think on your feet and Get-sh%t-doneGood team work ethic.Flexibility to adapt to a variety of responsibilities and the nature of a growing company
Love innovation, learning and always be looking for ways to improve
Job Type: Full-time
Graphic Designer/ Art Director (Senior) - Use your skills for good.
Work with an outstanding creative agency whose clients include Australia's biggest charities.
- Spend your working day creating things that matter.
- Help great charities by developing direct marketing, advertising and communication campaigns that deliver results.
- Wide variety of interesting clients and projects.
- Redfern location.
Spend your working day creating things that matter.
Marlin Communications (Marlin) is a creative agency based in Redfern.
We specialise in working with charities, and are inspired by the work of Howard Luck Gossage who said: “Advertising is too valuable an instrument to waste on commercial products… it justifies itself when it is used for social purposes.”
We believe that with thought, experience, and with skill - we can improve the world by helping charities to build support for their work.
We work with around 20 or so Australian organisations; including Médecins Sans Frontières, The Smith Family, WWF, Heart Foundation, Caritas and Bush Heritage Australia. We help them to develop branding platforms, execute direct response advertising, fundraising and marketing campaigns.
Due to a recent change in their circumstances, we need to replace a much-valued member of our team who is leaving us. And so we are now looking for a talented graphic designer/ art director with a minimum of seven years experience to join our busy agency.
Who we are:
We are a full-service studio and provide a range of creative services, including:
- Creative strategy development and consulting
- Concept development and presentation (including developing creative outline/ rationale)
- Copywriting/ editing
- Design and layout (offline/ online), and
- Print/production and project execution
We create product identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, and of course communications such as annual reports, small publications, newsletters, brochures and flyers.
Our aim is to use creativity to help our clients achieve their missions – and we firmly believe that they deserve the highest quality of creative work. Because our clients have restricted budgets, such creative has to work hard to effectively achieve their goals.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can work in our team, take a project from start to finish, work to a creative brief and consistently provide excellent work within tight deadlines.
We are seeking someone who can approach design from a conceptual point of view, explain how such design relates to the client’s project and how that design will achieve their business and communication objectives.
In particular, we need someone who has:
- Outstanding design and creative skills with an emphasis on layout and typography.
- Ability to identify and develop a creative idea; and implement this to suit.
- Enthusiasm for working with good causes, and the maturity to meet the challenges of working within a resource-restricted setting.
- A professional, yet personable, client manner (you will be dealing with clients frequently).
- A high level of proficiency in Adobe CS (especially Indesign) on a Mac platform.
- A high level of offline, online and production knowledge.
- A friendly disposition and sense of humour would be an advantage – we are a tight team and work closely.
This position is genuinely unique in the sense that you will be doing work that can really make a difference.
The salary package is $85,000-$95,000 pa (plus super).
You will work with clients that you can be sincerely passionate about and want to see succeed. We believe that true social change can only be achieved by transferring care; if you care, you can make others care – and if they care, they can act.
This position will only suit someone who can demonstrate their passion for using their design skills for good.
How to apply:
If you believe that you would be suited to this position, we would love to receive your application.
A PDF of your portfolio would be the preferred method of applying; and applications unable to provide one will be viewed unfavourably.
Please email your application to me.
The closing date for all applications is the Friday, 27th October.
For more information about who we are, what we do, our clients and samples of work please visit our site - or visit our facebook page.