At Chello, we're a busy, growing team working across video and design and animation and are on the lookout for a gun videographer/editor who wants to get their hands dirty in the creative process. We work across 6 second bumpers to 60-min documentaries, with a bunch of short form sandwiched in the middle. We have clients of small, large, interesting and meaty.
You love getting the right shot, seeing a project come to life and working with a team. Why? Because we're growing and need a good pair of hands, passionate about moving image.
About the role:
- Produce relevant and on-brand video content for Chello and its clients
- Utilise an array of digital cameras in multi and single-camera setups to produce video content
- Record audio on location utilizing shotgun and lavalier microphones in narrative and interview settings
- Develop working briefs for short, sharp and creative video productions (both with the team as well as autonomously)
- Shoot individually or with a team looking after composition, framing, stylistic shots, lighting and audio
- Create draft cuts, final edits and output projects
- Colour grade footage appropriately
- Complete sound design
- Stay on top of and research latest equipment, technologies and processes
- Organise multiple projects with tight timelines and turnaround
- Deliver teaser projects with the Business Development team to cast the vision for new, proactive, creative projects
- Edit together stories in new and interesting ways using graphics and special effects
- Record and direct voice over talent
- Drone operator (optional, viewed positively)
Degree or qualification in a related field is highly regarded. Early 2018 start.
Must have full working rights in Australia, based in Redfern full-time.