Scharp is an industry leading creative agency providing 3D, print and digital solutions for the property and architecture sector. Scharp values an active culture and offers a vast array of employee benefits including recognition of loyalty, annual bonuses, Friday drinks and social activities. Work-life balance is promoted and we encourage professional development and training within a highly supportive team.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly organised Studio Manager to lead a team of creative design professionals within our fast growing Melbourne studio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the multimedia department working within print and digital media, as well as collaborating with our internal 3d vis team. You will play an integral role in effectively prioritorising jobs and managing creative resources in the studio. You will have a natural ability to build rapport with and maximise the potential of your team ensuring they are equipped to deliver on client expectations. Our great location just off Brunswick Street in Fitzroy within a transformed church office environment makes an energetic and creative environment from which to work.
Key Responsibilities:Manage department workflow ensuring deadlines, budget hours and agreed deliverables are metMaintain highly detailed project and resourcing schedulesFacilitate production planning and WIP meetingsAllocate resourcing for projects in consultation with department managersEstablish and develop briefs from clients to establish project parameters and define return briefsCollaborate with Creative Director to research, develop and establish strong concept directionWork with suppliers to deliver successful outcomes and deadlines for the departmentReport on project profitability and resource utilisation
Desired Skills and Experience:Minimum 3 years professional experience, preferably in management role within creative / digital agency environmentExperienced in management and production of both print and digital creative materialSolid understanding of graphic and creative design and agency workflow and outputAbility to successfully organise, schedule and run multiple projects at onceWell skilled and professional at communicating with various stakeholders in person and over phone and emailYou must be proactive, process focused and confident; always one step aheadEffective problem solving skills often needing to think outside the boxComfortable facilitating project and team meetingsAbility to build strong team and client relationshipsHighly organised time management skills are essentialAdvanced Microsoft Office experience including ExcelMeticulous attention to detail, even when under pressureExcellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a permanent full time position with an attractive salary package on offer.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to the specified email.
Digital Designer/Web Designer
Part time: 15-17 hours per week / Full Time: 35 hours per week
We’re a boutique agency located in Mornington and are excited to announce we are looking for a Digital/Web Designer to join our team.
If you have exceptional digital design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive with layouts and love working directly with clients then you might be the perfect fit.
Applicant must have a passion for design, be able to work in a fast paced environment, work autonomously and as part of a team and also be able to manage a diverse workload. Excellent time management skills and attention to detail are a must.
We’re also open to graphic designers with exceptional layout skills looking to cross over to website design. For us it’s about finding the right fit for our studio and clients.
· Creative web layout skills demonstrated in a supplied portfolio
· Interpret user and client feedback to enhance your designs
· Fast learner who is keen to learn new skills and techniques
· Excellent troubleshooting, time management and communication skills
· Confident in taking client meetings, interpreting briefs and taking on client feedback
· Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
· Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web.
· Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other relevant design tools.
· Some experience in WordPress would be an advantage.
Perks of the job
· Great location in walking distance to beach
· Relaxed, professional and friendly working environment
· Opportunity to grow with the business and be part of our success.
· Focused on training and up skilling
· Flexible hours for part time
Scope of work will include (but is not limited to)
· Website design (WordPress Platform)
· Client meetings and website project management
· Adding supplied content / website page creation to follow your designs (you will be working with a developer that can do any required coding)
· Working alongside our website developers and design team
· Participate in team meetings / training
All applications should be 5mb or less and require an introductory cover letter, resume and your best folio or links of work. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, creative yet disciplined looking for a great opportunity then we want to hear from you.
Please Note: This role is located in Mornington. You therefore need to be residing on the Mornington Peninsula or happy to commute from Melbourne. This position is not available for freelancing or working off-site. If you are from overseas you must hold an Australian working visa. Overseas applicants need not apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Operations and Customer Service Manager in this boutique textile and design
agency, you will be working closely with overseas suppliers and local clients
including architects and interior designers.
Joining a small team ensures your involvement across the business and
flexibility and ability to ‘step in’ when required is a must.
· Manage the office and respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
Manage client orders,
liaise with suppliers and maintain progress of orders
Maintain database and processing
systems using Zoho, CRM and Xero
· Prepare purchase orders, invoice and arrange delivery from international
including shipping with
UPS and local dispatch agencies
and office management tasks
Knowledge of the textile industry an asset but
not essential but a curious mind with the desire to learn will make this role
Showroom assistance will be required from time
to time, presenting textile ranges and fabric options to designers and
establishing an understanding of their requirements.