GMG Digital is looking for a young and enthusiastic digital design intern (UX/UI) with a passion for all things digital and technology to join our expanding team.
As an intern you will be situated at the very forefront of the business, working closely with our web team and helping our clients build successful tech-driven user experiences that are based on validated research.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hungry digital design professional who wants to go from being a 'good' designer to a 'great' designer. GMG is growing faster than ever, and for the right candidate, you will be given the opportunity to create your own career development.
We are dedicated to investing in your professional development to equip you to become an outstanding designer.
This internship will be unpaid for six months on a part-time basis (2 days a week) with the option of a lucrative full-time position available upon completion.
Assist the design team with day-to-day tasks.
To be successful in this role you should be a proactive professional with experience and skills that match the following:
- Be willing, eager, and hungry to learn about design
- be at University or just graduated
- excellent eye for design
- an interest in a variety of different areas of digital design
- have excellent written and verbal skills (must understand Australian colloquialism, slang, and grammar)
- an understanding or experience in UX/UI design
- experience in animation for digital display banners would be an advantage but not essential.
Please send your cover letter, résumé and any examples of your design work.
Senior Graphic Designer / Web Developer / Studio Manager
About Blick Creative
Blick Creative is a full circle design and web development agency looking for an exceptional Senior Graphic Designer with Front-End Web Development skills to become a part of our close-knit team. Blick has a diverse range of clients, from government to corporate, with a special focus on the not-for-profit sector.
Full-time and available immediately the position will focus about 50/50 on graphic design and front-end web development. You will work across disciplines from logo design and branding, to publications, as well as UI design, while managing a small team. Be in creative control from concept through to final project deployment in print and web development. The position is Head of Design and Digital, and you will often be required to drive projects personally. Strong people, verbal, written communication and time management skills are a must.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in an agency environment or similar
- An impressive design portfolio showcasing a range of work including: logo design, publication design and website UI
- Proficiency in the use of the Adobe CC suite and solid pre press knowledge
- Understanding of responsive web design and a mobile first design approach
- Good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS. jQuery knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of cross-browser quirks and testing
- Experience using CMS systems – please indicate which in your application, Adobe Business Catalyst, Word Press, Craft CMS experience a bonus
- EDM development and testing experience a bonus
- Experience using Sketch for UI design
- Team player and self-starter
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Driven to continuously self-improve and share knowledge with the team
What you will benefit from:
- Being a part of a passionate and professional team
- Working on diverse client projects and seeing them through from start to finish
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects for local and large international NFPs
- Regular work hours with only the occasional over time required to meet project deadlines
- Be part of a culture that encourages engagement in industry events
- Contributing to in-house seminars, plus annual events such as our Tree Planting Day
- A funky studio in Clifton Hill above excellent coffee shops
- Music, fortnightly yoga, and team lunch meetings!
All applications need to include a cover letter, resume and work examples (folio less than 5MB or website link)
To find out more about Blick Creative, please visit our website [...]
Zib Media is an industry-leading digital marketing agency that is built upon one very simple principle: we want to help businesses to grow. We do this by providing expert digital services and modern marketing techniques. Our aim is to achieve tangible results for our clients, and we will go the extra mile to make it happen. As we begin the next big chapter of our story, weâre looking to expand our team of creative and dedicated individuals.
Weâre looking for a dynamic graphic and UX designer to join our busy design and development team and assist with website design and graphic design for social media. Based in our Cremorne office, you will push the boundaries and encourage others to do the same. You will combine business objectives with user needs to create deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes and other graphic assets.
As a graphic and UX designer at Zib Media, youâll turn problems into intuitive, industry-leading designs. You will create a compelling user experience for end-users, from start to finish, when interacting with our digital products. You will be required to:Liaise with developers to produce web pages and online features for websitesProduce logos and graphics assets for use with online marketing campaignsDesign comps, interactions and specs on web and mobile projectsAssist in maintaining and improving current websitesWork closely with the online team to deliver sales targets