TECHNICAL ASSISTANT: HIRE AND POST PRODUCTION
Sydney, New South Wales
METRO SCREEN is looking for an energetic and skilled person to work in a technical support role in our Hire and Post Production department.
Working across all aspects of film, TV, online and portable media Metro Screen provides a creative environment for skills development and invaluable hands-on experience for new, emerging and professional talent. Metro Screen services include a professional hire and post-production department servicing TV, video, online and portable media practitioners.
Applicants for this position will have demonstrated skills in digital media and video production, with a keen interest in a specialist area such as camera, sound, editing, etc. Knowledge of and experience in compression based digital media, advanced computer skills and knowledge of media file organisation and storage is an advantage.
The position involves working in a demanding shop front environment. Applicants must be able to work unsupervised and be excellent problem solvers, but also work as part of a team to support the technical and logistical operations of the organisation. Customer service is a key element of the position. Applicants must be confident and effective communicators when liaising with clients, students and tutors.
The salary is $40,000 [plus superannuation]. Metro Screen is located in the Paddington Town Hall. Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume and address the selection criteria.
Monday-Thursday (1:30pm to 9:30pm) and Saturday (9am to 5pm)
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST ADDRESS EACH OF THE SELECTION CRITERIA
• Knowledge of and experience with digital media, video production and non-linear post production
• Advanced computer skills [Mac based platform] and familiarity with file management protocols
• Experience in administration and customer service
• Ability to use initiative, problem solve and identify critical issues
• Enthusiastic, flexible and reliable team player
• Experience in a technical support role, preferably in training or educational environment
• An interest in film, television and/or digital media industries
To download a full job description, go to metroscreen.org.au
This job is now expired.