This strategic creative advertising agency based in Surry Hills is currently searching for a Senior Strategist to join the team. You will be joining a highly professional, personable and entrepreneurial team during an exciting growth period.
Our clients and partners range from small, start up companies all the way through to large multi national businesses. Our work is varied but always meaningful with a continual focus on delivering outcomes that really work for our brands. We believe looking good is one thing, working well to meet the challenges briefed to us is where we focus on delivering results.
You will get exposure to working with a diverse range of clients, critically thinking through the briefs in an empathetic and synthesised manner. The strategies created will need to deliver invaluable insights seamlessly setting up our creative team for success.
Success within the role will be to continually deliver high performance strategic visions across a broad range of brands, while being considerate of time, budget and client needs.
You will be brilliant independently and within a team, ensuring the critical questions are being asked and challenged in the right way to push for greater results. You will be confident in regular reporting, trend research, forecasting and competitive analysis.
Your knowledge and understanding of the importance of all advertising channels will be evident with a clear understanding of where and how best to integrate the strategy. You will be sound in writing briefs and know how to solve both internal and external business problems strategically and creatively.
Your core requirement within the role will be to help drive the business vision, delivering exceptional thinking both for new and existing clients.
Internal working relationships
- Working with our clients to manage their project needs including communications, planning, briefing, scoping, producing and all delivery requirements across any given project
- Lead both the strategic approach and relationship of selected clients. You will know how to write, manage and maintain individual strategies across a number of various clients, throughout the project lifecycle.
- You will be expected to lead innovation and expand the strategic offering of the agency, you will educate internally and externally.
- Educate and invest in supporting client understanding and expectation throughout project process
- Executing the creation of new project briefs, developing reverse briefs and briefing project requirements internally to creative teams
- Identifying new business opportunities with both existing and new clients to help grow the business
- Analysing and reporting on ongoing project status via communications, weekly WIP meetings and document management e.g. SOWs
- Being actively involved in the production and project management of all client work
- Attending weekly internal and external meetings to report on projects on behalf of Common Ventures
- Developing and managing external client and supplier relationships
- Offering guidance and direction to all clients along the project journey ensuring they feel continually informed and supported
- Support finance to manage invoices across client invoicing schedules
Key Performance Indicators
- Reports to General Manager (Primary)
- Works with Senior Accounts Director
- Works with the directors (project leads) and team (internal and external) to communicate client priorities according to project deliveries
- Liaises with production team, creatives, designers, developers, interns and third party providers.
To be defined by General Manager and Directors
- Relevant tertiary education; Business, marketing, project management, communications or equivalent.
- Minimum 6-10 years experience in an agency or client led role within marketing or advertising.
- A blend of analytical and creative thinking in order to provide innovative solutions to clients.
- Experience working with clients from a variety of industries.
- Comfort in a lead strategist role – you will be the go to person for strategic direction.
- You will be expected to lead innovation and expand the strategic offering of the agency.
- Experience with account management, team management, project documentation creation, resource management and organisational management
- Proven history of planning multichannel campaigns
- Appreciation for design, development and product creation
- Excited by working with a small team and working hands on to bring results that exceed our client expectations
- Ability to write and produce written documents with thorough attention to detail
- Instinctively intuitive and proactive at communicating with varied stakeholders
- Positive approach to finding solutions collectively
- Entrepreneurial and small business mindset
- Driven by delivering projects on time and to budget
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, detail oriented, with superior project management skills
- Ability to meet tight and often conflicting deadlines
- High energy levels
- Competent on MS Office applications, google docs, Harvest timekeeping and other internet based project management software.
Please send all applications to: