Strategist Meets Account Director (Mid Level)
Sydney, New South Wales
A recent World Economic Forum report (Future of Jobs) identified the top 10 job skills required in 2020 as:
- Complex problem solving
- Critical thinking
- People management
- Coordinating with others
- Emotional intelligence
- Judgement and decision making
- Service orientation
- Cognitive flexibility
A Step Change strategy role uniquely demands and develops all of them.
Itâs challenging. You'll learn more in 6 months than you would in 6 years in most jobs. Frankly, it's not easy, but nothing worth doing ever is. If that excites you, read on. If it sounds scary then don't waste your time.
THE ROLE - SO WHAT IS A STEP CHANGE STRATEGIST?
This role walks the line between management consultant, account director and creative strategist. We're looking to invest in someone who wants to develop their problem-solving abilities and creative thinking. Working with a Strategy Director, you'll solve problems for 30+ clients a year, such as:
- How do we launch a new business/product?
- How do we transform a struggling business?
- How do we optimise our marketing spend, online and offline?
- How do we most powerfully tell our brand story?
- Youâll play an active part in client strategy workshops including developing and presenting original ideas direct to clients
- Youâll write strategy documents (following workshops) to ensure ideas and analysis are communicated powerfully and accurately
- Youâll brief creative and digital teams to execute on ideas and concepts generated in client workshops
- Beyond the brief, youâll ensure deliverables are on strategy, meet client expectations and generate desired results
- Youâll be both the internal project management lead and the primary day-to-day client contact
Your passion for solving problems and generating fresh ideas is only trumped by the joy you get from making stuff happen and a job well done. You're smart, restless, curious and entrepreneurial yet disciplined and focused. You love a team environment and don't back down from a challenge. You're highly motivated and never satisfied with the status quo.
To Make This Rare Position Yours, You Will:
- Have a minimum 5 years full-time experience working in a business, management consultancy, or advertising agency in a client facing or project management role
- Written and verbal English skills at a native mastery level
- Demonstrate both strategic and creative thinking
- Demonstrate project management skills
- Be up for weekly overnight interstate travel
Bonus Points For:
- Digital know-how
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Client management and relationship skills
- Skilled in data analytics
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online application at http://www[dot]hellostepchange[dot]com/join-our-team/
- You will require a CV with a cover page detailing why you're right for the role and what appeals to you about the position
- To show your attention to detail, include the word 'elephant' in your application and make sure your cover letter and resume are in one .pdf document
Please note that applications through TheLoop will not be accepted.
This job is now expired.