A rare opportunity exists for an extraordinarily special person to join the team here at frankie press as Senior Designer (and Studio Manager).
An intimate understanding and authentic affiliation with the frankie press brands - Smith Journal and frankie magazine, is paramount. We want you to live and breathe our brands.
We are on the search for someone who enjoys and has mastered a fine balance between the left and right sides of their brain because along with lots of designing, layout work and creative ideas generating - the role also includes some basic studio management.
The role will include:
- Magazine design and layout of assigned title(s) and/or book projects
- Creative input into all aspects of the business be it the magazines, websites, apps, books, industry communications, marketing (or where in our office the new sofa should go) - Contributing into editorial planning, content and ideas
- Contributing into creative solutions for advertising (campaigns & concepts)
- Design of digital media, eg e-newsletters, websites, Apps
- Design of internal communications (eg. marketing, media kits, POS) and creative input
- Briefing and managing talent (photographers, illustrators etc)
- Traffic controller of in-house design briefs to ensure a fair and equitable share of workload between designers.
The role would best suit:
Someone whoâs as happy to design a coffee table book as they are working with the sales team on a last minute creative solution propâand equally talented at both.
Skills & Traits you must possess
- Between 4 to 8+ years full-time industry experience
- Prior experience with magazine design or multi-page booklet work
- Fluency (at the highest level) in Adobe Creative Suite is a given
- Image selection and colour correcting
- Super organised
- An impeccable eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting
- Creative and original
- Proud but not precious
- Most importantly be a nice, down to earth and fun person to work alongside
Make sure you let us know if you have any of the following hidden talents â they are beneficial but not essential:
- Photography Skills
- Experience in styling (flat-lay) and photoshoots
- Experience with EDM software (ie Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp).
We offer a lovely working environment with a talented and friendly team. This is a permanent full-time position (with regular hours being M-F, 9-5) based in South Melbourne.
Applications close: Wednesday 25 October
To apply: Please head over to the frankie website to download the application form.
Only residents who are Australian citizens or permanent residents will be considered for this role.