Print Production Manager (Packaging Design Studio)
Sydney, New South Wales
Squad Ink is a food and beverage focussed brand and design studio that partners with pioneering entrepreneurs to create sought after product and venue brands.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Print Production Manager to make a considerable mark within Squad Ink. You will be responsible for the efficient management of all production work across boutique packaging and print media to ensure they are successfully delivered on time, on budget and to the highest technical standard.
If bringing to life authentic, premium and innovative F&B products gets you out of bed in the morning, then this is the role for you. A genuine passion for boutique brands is a mandatory.
Working alongside the account management and creative teams, your core responsibility is to problem solve the most complex packaging concepts and liaise with production suppliers to deliver exceptional, award-winning packaging solutions.
Your objectives are to;
- Build close, strong relationships with suppliers
- Assess potential for innovation, foresee technical and cost limitations and associated risks
- Keep the team is up-to-date and informed of the most effective production processes
The Day-to-Day tasks:
- Requirements gathering, scoping specifications for packaging and print projects
- Scope and define project deliverables alongside Directors
- Creating clear communication briefs for suppliers and design team ensuring that client objectives are met
- Explain technical print processes to design and management teams to assist with developing their skills and quality controlling output where possible
- Create and manage print production schedules, track and control costs
- Review the project at internal studio and printer proof stages and communicate Designerâs requirements to suppliers.
- Lead press checks in collaboration with creative team members and examine finished samples and prototypes and approve quality before delivery to client.
- Create estimates, purchase orders and invoices as required for project execution
- Project planning and assigning tasks to in-house team and external suppliers
- Support to account managers on project management tasks where required
- Work to time allocations and restraints
- Manage project issues and assumptions/decisions and escalate where appropriate
- Deliver projects within the agreed time and budget parameters
- Assess, plan and manage the project timings and budget
- Ensure a superior packaging and print project is delivered on every level
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years working as an Production Manager in an agency or production house. Minimum 2 years managing commercial label packaging design projects
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Knowledge of commercial labelling print production practices and legal requirements is a mandatory requirement
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with management team and other third party suppliers
- Good leadership skills and 100% commitment to further developing their knowledge in bespoke packaging production
- SUPERIOR ATTENTION TO DETAIL and a PRACTICAL âCAN DOâ ATTITUDE is essential
- Previous experience with Briefcase project management software would be considered a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Indesign would be valued but not essential
- Efficient and professional with every task undertaken
- An excellent communicator
- A natural juggler / multi tasker
- Shows initiative and accepts responsibility
- Passionate and curious mind to question and challenge everything
This is an excellent full-time opportunity with a growing creative agency based in Potts Point,
for a hands-on Production Manager. Culturally they are looking for people who have enthusiasm and energy, with a passion to deliver and grow their technical skill set, learning and developing themselves.
You will play an integral role working with a very talented and highly skilled team of professionals.
You will be driven to successfully production manage packaging and print projects, problem solve alongside the creative team and work with both local and international clients.
Projects may range from bespoke product and packaging creation such as custom glass manufacturing for spirit products, commercial label printing, custom box manufacturing, specialty stationery and collateral and branded environments.
To apply for this position requires at least 4 years working as a Production Manager in an agency or production house. Minimum 2 years managing commercial label packaging design projects
Applicants with relevant project experience will only be considered.
This job is now expired.