We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic junior, or recently qualified graphic designer keen to apply, develop and grow their skill base in a fast-paced creative studio.
ArmstrongQ is a leading communication strategy and design consultancy based in North Sydney. We currently have an opportunity for a junior designer to work alongside and support our award winning team.
We are looking for a qualified designer, ideally with one to two years industry experience in print and web design.
The appropriate candidate will be competent in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop CS and will work closely with the Creative Director, but will be a part of a talented close-knit team. Digital and web skills (HTML/CSS) would be highly regarded.
The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude, be proactive, comfortable working to deadlines, possess a "can-do", "whatever it takes" client-centric attitude.
In return you will be able to develop and grow your skills and learn "hands-on" about every aspect of a successful, integrated, communications design studio. From print, web, photography and videography through to art direction, project management, and client and supplier liaison. This workplace grounding will form (and broaden) the foundations of your future career.
This is a full time position, salary will be negotiable according to skills and experience. In the first instance please send your resume and PDF portfolio (no more than 6 pieces, 10MB Maximum). Please note that only successful candidates will receive a reply.
You are a passionate graphic designer with UI/UX, and HTML/CSS skills. You have a keen interest in creating web interfaces that can connect with a diverse audience.
You are able to communicate your design ideas and form recommendations based on your knowledge of what is possible to achieve. You enjoy challenges that require you to distill abstract concepts into simple and engaging graphics.
Tasks include: web page design, logos, icons, and other graphic elements.
Social Planet (SP) is Australia's first online community development platform dedicated to the health and wellbeing of local communities. Our passion is helping local communities be great places to live. We do this by helping local people, the place-makers and the community organisers run higher quality, more accessible, and financially sustainable activities and services.
If you are interested then prepare a portfolio of web and graphic design work and contact us.
Want an exceptional leadership role in a thriving creative agency without the politics? As the Creative Services Manager you will play a pivotal role in leading and managing the day-to-day operations of our rapidly growing, tight-knit team. You understand that the secret to getting sh!t done is razor sharp work-flow planning, switched on financial management and being the ultimate team whisper. It’s you that keeps Saltree at the top of client Christmas card lists.
Answering directly to the Executive Creative Director, day-to-day your role involves planning & managing the agency’s overall workflow schedule; ensuring on-time delivery and profitability of each project; project management (aka ensuring the team has what they need to get the job done); updating and managing online schedules; developing estimations plus quality control of artwork and proof-reading.
Whilst this is a full-time role, we are open to offering flexible hours. This role is ideal for someone who is yearning for the agency buzz without the sweat-shop hours and stress.
If you are ready to step up, and your organisational skill borderline OCD, then we would love to hear from you.
- Planning, forecasting & management of studio workflow, traffic, deadlines & staff allocation
- Continual development of studio workflow best practice policies
- Staying ahead of workflow efficiency trends & best practice
- Organising team meetings and leading daily production WIP meetings
- Managing deadlines to ensure on-time delivery and profitability of studio projects
- Ensuring all components to run the job are received prior to the project start date
- Briefing in teams with regards to topline executional jobs (do X to get Y by Z timeframe)..
- Managing the day-to-day communications on projects between team and clients
- Managing day-to-day client & supplier communications for key accounts & projects
- End-to-end project management and profitability of assigned client accounts
- Developing and managing basic estimations & setup of job bags on server & WorkflowMax.
- Accurately recording key docs & updating WFM during project lifecycle
- Ensuring accurate time management / timesheets for entire studio team
- Proof reading and quality control of artwork and marketing collateral
- Min 3 to 5yrs in similar role within creative agency environment
- Extensive experience with traffic planning, studio management and project management
- Experience with online traffic management software
- Understanding of digital and print production processes
- Strong project handling skills (sourcing components to run a job)
- Fastidious attention to detail (grammar, spelling etc)
- Easy going, personable grounded disposition
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Finished art or creative production background
- Account management and/or handling skills
- Workflowmax experience
- Creative collaborative mindset (likes to get involved)
- Love of food
Send your CV and 3 paragraphs of your most memorable career achievements to Libby at [...] by 5pm Thursday 25th January 2018. Open to Australian residents only.
About the agency
Saltree is a full-service integrated Brand Communications agency based in Prahran that is about pushing the edge to build brands that make clients money. Specialising in brand, TTL marketing and digital communications for the Food, FMCG, Arts, Trave and B2B Corporate sectors, strategy lies at the heart of everything we do. We dig deep, ask the right questions, push the right boundaries and never settle for just "ok".
If you are looking for more than just a job in a thriving agency that puts integrity before profit and values open-minded collaboration, then we would love to hear from you!