Bar Pop are on the hunt for a contract marketing and communications manager to join us for the 2017/18 summer season.
We're the team behind some of Perth's biggest pop-up bars and events. We do everything from running the bars at music festivals (Falls Freo, Pineapple Club, State Of The Art) to creating our own events (Perth Craft Beer Fest, Live At The Orchard) to developing and executing branded activations for major sponsors.
We're after a marketing powerhouse to plan, coordinate and execute creative marketing activity across a range of different sectors within our business. Initially, this role is on a contract basis, beginning October 23rd and finishing up January 15th (negotiable).
You'll work with our team, stakeholders and agencies to deliver the Bar Pop experience at multiple activations and partner events throughout the Summer.
You'll handle website updates, social media strategy, digital and public relations campaigns, and event promotion from the ground up. You'll also write copy. Because you write sharp, punchy copy like a champ.
Beyond this, you will maximize the impact of the branded activations you've dreamt up, through PR, social and influencer engagement.
Plus, you will:
- Manage your own schedule and handle pressure like a pro
- Stay flexible, monitor trends, look at your data, adjust what's not working and refine your strategy
- Have at least 3 years' relevant experience. With the bulk of these years in start-ups
- Have the technical skills to create and manipulate photo and video assets for socials
- Have the technical skills to create and manipulate content for printed materials
- Think in spend per head and ticket sales
The fine print:
- You'll work out of the Bar Pop offices in Mount Lawley
- Invoice us for your hours, which will be 3-5 days a week depending on how much we have on
- You'll be totally self-sufficient (BYO laptop, phone, etc.)
- Bonus points for event marketing experience and/or experience in liquor-related fields
If you think you'll fit in well at Bar Pop, tell us a bit about yourself in a cover letter, being sure to include your resume and portfolio (if applicable). Cover letters can be addressed to Hannah.