Century Venues Group owns and operates a variety of entertainment business and venues. In this role the Production Coordinator/Lighting Operator will work across The Enmore, Metro & Factory Theatres, The Comedy Store and work closely with the production team at The Concourse Chatswood and any new venture as the group expands. The Production Coordinator/Lighting Operator will also work across Century major events such as Sydney & Perth Comedy Festivals.
Century Venues are looking for an experienced Production Coordinator/Lighting Operator. You will have extensive experience in the Entertainment Industry. Being able to understand technical riders, production plans and lighting plots. Generating and preparing worksheets and briefs for suppliers and staff under the standard operational procedures.
Have good general knowledge and understanding of setting up various production elements including audio and vision.
Have good knowledge and practical experience in Lighting including programming and operation. Diagnose technical issues and making basic repairs and swapping out equipment.
Have a positive, can do attitude, and a problem solver.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Coordinating and liaising with touring party and producers for advancing of shows
• Client meetings and site meetings
• Quoting on staffing and production resources
• booking, coordinating, arranging delivery and pickups of production resources
• Booking, managing and briefing of internal and external staff resources as per show requirements
• Managing, instructing and assisting external suppliers and contractors with setups, operation and pack up
• Notifying and updating internal staff of changes to schedules, production requirements
• Work in the capacity of a Lighting Operator for Plays, Rock, Dance and Comedy Rehearsals/Performances
• Setting up and packing down inhouse lighting equipment as per technical requirements
• Knowledge of rigging and motor control
• Ensuring OH&S practices and procedures are followed
• Systems maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of production equipment
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Be familiar with modern computerised systems including cloud based task management software, events booking and managing software and drawing software.