Are you an experienced publishing professional looking for something dynamic, creative and fun? Keen to work on Australia’ s biggest magazine brand for kids?
K-Zone is looking for an experienced editor to take the helm for a six-month contract!
Reporting to the editor-in-chief you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the K-Zone team as well as the creation of K-Zone magazine and content for all associated channels. Duties will include:
- Development and production of the magazine, as well as content for other K-Zone channels.
- Ensuring that all production deadlines are met.
- Sub-editing copy, writing features, organising photo shoots, picture research and various administrative duties.
- Working with editor-in-chief to manage the K-Zone budget.
- Ensuring all copy meets legal requirements.
- Working with the editor-in-chief to develop cover concepts, marketing and advertising campaigns and long-term strategy.
- Developing flatplans and participate in strategy sessions with the support of the editor-in-chief.
- Liaising with stakeholders in the business from other departments including sales, marketing, circulation and subscriptions.
- Training and mentoring team members and providing professional feedback to them.
- Liaising with Children’s Guardian for all employment of children including notification and compliance.
- Following company policies and procedures.
- Taking all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace.
- Ensuring that co-workers are treated respectfully and without any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation.
- Other duties as reasonably directed.
- A passion for all things K-Zone, including toys, videogames and incredibly high professional standards! Also, Super Mario Bros.
- Experience as an editor or deputy editor on a nationally distributed magazine, or in a senior leadership role within a related ?? industry.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven communication, leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Creativity, vision and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and commercial interests.
What's on offer
- The opportunity to work for a market-leading brand within one of the largest specialist publishing companies in Sydney.
- St Leonards location, close to public transport.
- A friendly and professional work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic leader to become part of an established and respected company, while being rewarded a salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume latest 10th July 2017.