Head of On Air - Arts & Music
Sydney, New South Wales
Head of On Air - Arts & Music
At Foxtel, our purpose is to effortlessly connect Australians to all the stories they love. We offer a better entertainment experience every day through exclusive and diverse television across all genres, the worldâs most popular channel brands, and investment in high quality local content.
Our Playbook is what we call the way that we like to do things around here, and weâre looking for people who can bring this to life. Weâre customer heroes, we challenge the norm, we make it easy, we make it fun and we make it happen.
This role will see you responsible for the overall management and implementation of all on air presentation and planning requirements for delivery to TX in line with channel strategies. Ensure the channel is on air at all times, through efficiently managing the traffic process with other members of the team, to minimize faults.
- Development & implementation of overall schedule & on air strategy to ensure delivery on the strategic direction.
- Management of the cross promotion airtime strategy & implementation of cross promotional priorities for the channel group
- Develop guidelines for channels to deliver on the promotional strategy across the Arts & Music genre.
- Manage all on-air & scheduling functionalities for the relevant channels.
- Management of the production of channel groups on-air promotions
- Key link between Programming, MCN, On-Air Promos, Marketing, Online & Ad Sales to ensure timely delivery of accurate schedule.
- Development and implementation of clear and consistent commercial break structures to deliver on ad sales requirements.
- Manage best reach and frequency of on air promos via scheduling department.
- Assist in development of ongoing efficient processes in line with business and technical needs.
- Ensure all On Air elements are broadcast without incident, and quality check short form material.
- Liaise with programming to ensure briefs are provided to producers, and bring key programming issues/inconsistencies to the General Managerâs attention with options for resolution.
- Manage deliverables for local Arts & Music productions as required.
- Strong leadership capability, evidenced in well-developed problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated effective organisational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines and manage competing priorities within a small team environment.
- A vast knowledge of promo production, on air presentation, music licensing & television
- Minimum 5 yearsâ experience in On Air presentation, Promo Managing and/or Scheduling
- Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships and negotiate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong technical and presentation skills with a technical approach to TV
- Excellent stakeholder management, relationship building and team management skills
Whatâs in it for you?
As well as a meaningful role working with a company that effortlessly connects Australians to all the stories they love, the Foxtel team has access to a great range of benefits including a free Foxtel subscription, discounts and cash-back offers from a long list of retailers, competitions and giveaways, and our health and wellbeing program.
We are customer heroes, we challenge the norm, we make it easy, we make it fun and we make it happen!
This job is now expired.