Graphic designer - publishing
Magnesium Media, publishers of Australia’s leading magazine Luxury Travel and website Luxury Travel Media are looking for a creative and talented Graphic Designer to join our team.
We have an exciting position for a motivated, energetic, passionate person to work on the quarterly publication and custom publishing design jobs. This position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated, creative, has a passion for luxury travel, excellent time management skills and can show initiative and work well in a small team.
It is a full-time role, based at our office in Sydney, CBD.
Required skills and experience
- You have a passion for innovative magazine design
- You have a talent for typography and for selecting eye-catching images
-You must be an expert in InDesign and Photoshop with good skills in Illustrator
- You have a good knowledge in prepress and print processes
In this role, you would work closely with our editorial team and production manager and produce a wide range of creative design work ranging from a 200+ page magazine per quarter to reports, small brochures and digital web banners.
You must have experience in magazine design from initial brief to print and the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects independently while staying calm and focused.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Completed a graphic design degree or recognised industry diploma
- Five years’ industry experience as a graphic designer in a commercial working environment
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in Adobe CC (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge & Acrobat Pro)
- An excellent eye for detail
- Experience taking projects from initial brief to print
- A strong understanding of the print process, paper stocks and finishes and press checking
- Organisational experience managing workflow, keeping jobs on budget and engaging freelance designers/illustrators when required
- Good communication skills with internal stakeholders/clients/advertisers to meet their brief and/or branding requirements
- Logo, masthead, infographic, web banners and gif design skills
Please include a CV and portfolio in your application.