Graphic Designer - Packaging
Sydney, New South Wales
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced Graphic Designer to join the team at New Directions Packaging.
New Directions Packaging is an industry-leading supplier that specialises in creating bespoke packaging for clients across a number of industries, ranging from Fashion, Beauty, Skincare & Cosmetics, FMCG, Food & Wine, Homewares, Events and Hospitality.
The design work is quite varied and primarily focuses on but is not limited to:
- Packaging Design across a wide range of formats, and including the development of templates and dielines. This will be you primary role.
- A highly creative development process with the ability to work from initial concept stages right through to finished art and final production
- Logo, Branding and Identity Design (in-house and for external clientele)
- Creation of Marketing and Promotional Material for both print and digital presentations (in-house and for external clientele)
- Photography: We have a studio space with professional equipment for photography that is followed by image retouching and editing.
- Basic Web Design and set-up of E-Newsletters: The successful candidate will only be required to set up PSD files for our IT department to develop into code.
We are looking for someone who has the following characteristics:
- Degree/diploma in Graphic Design.
- Proven professional experience in Graphic Design demonstrated by an outstanding portfolio. Experience in Packaging Design is preferred and will be highly regarded.
- Ability to jump straight into the role with confidence and need little coaching.
- Excellent initiative and creativity across all tasks, and isnât shy to come forth with new ideas
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite â with skills in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator in a PC environment
- Well-developed communication and professional manner that will be used within the company, with clients and with suppliers across the globe
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to seamlessly switch tasks as work schedules and priorities change
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail â this is a must â all work needs to be set-up correctly and artwork proofing will be required
- Passion for Graphic Design and creative problem-solving with a desire to learn about and explore all things Packaging!
In addition to the exciting nature of this opportunity, we have an incredibly friendly environment and funky office located in Sydneyâs Inner West.
Ideally, weâd love to start interviewing ASAP.
Your location is not eligible for the job application