SENIOR CREATIVE DESIGNER
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and industry experienced Creative Director/Designer to join our busy, dynamic design studio working with our portfolio of industry leading clients. The successful applicant will work closely with our teams to develop exemplary creative for a mixture of below and above the line campaigns.
Reporting to the Studio Director, the key responsibilities of the role include working across multiple brands and clients; creating artwork for magazines, signage, point of sale, promotions, unique displays, branding, typography, retouching and press; along with developing creative concepts from ideation to execution and working with our talented teams to bring ideas to life.
This is a great opportunity to take a strong creative lead in the agency, bringing your creative experience and expertise to the various executions on a daily basis and eventually take on a more Creative Director role.Key Responsibilities:
• Develop creative concepts for advertising or promotional campaigns
• Present ideas to account service and clients with relevant rationale
• Able to make digital artwork updates, edits or develop new key visuals from scratch and roll out to various sizes and material.
• Amend ideas in line with client requests and manage client expectations
• Work closely with the Account Management team
• Scamp/comp creative ideas ready for execute.
• Help with execution of creative concepts.
• Lead multiple projects from conception to completion and manage deadlines efficiently and effectively
• Evaluate and, if necessary alter the content of projects before completion.
• Ensure the organisation's or client's visuals are consistent with the overall brand identity
• Ability to assist in the conception of high quality engaging headlines, straplines, mechanics and copy
• Must be good at creating concepts for others to work on with a keen awareness/interest of current trends in advertising and graphic designTo be eligible for the role:
• 5+ years commercial industry experience.
• Demonstrate great competency with a wide variety of design styles and projects. Both technical and creative.
• Graphic design skills: You must be highly proficient with Adobe CC on Mac with extensive knowledge of graphic design and relevant software i.e proficient in Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop
• An excellent technical ability and strong attention to detail
• A sound knowledge of print production and pre-press standards.
• Requires solid leadership skills to oversee the design team and assist with team-building, mentoring and delegation, is an advantage
• Time Management skills and the ability to handle multiple jobs at any one time and prioritise jobs to meet client deadlines.
• Possess a genuine enthusiasm for the work and will go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
• Familiarity with film-making techniques, video editing, copywriting, product photography and HTML skills are a bonus.
• Communication and presentation skills: you will need excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and be confident in presenting internally and externally
• Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. You will need a clear creative vision while remaining open to others' ideas.
Located adjacent to the Sydney CBD, PMG is a well-established, mid-sized family run agency with a proven track record of delivering innovative, cutting edge solutions to our strong client base.
It's a high-paced environment that requires a proactive individual, with a positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic that can deliver great designs and manage multiple projects on long-term campaigns and in a reactive capacity.