Realview is a world leader in digital publishing. We are looking for a UI designer to give our
next generation mobile digital publishing suite an intuitive, well organised
Our new products are about taking the rich print magazine
layout, combining that with engaging interactive elements to produce beautiful,
responsive mobile experiences for our clients. This is a challenging and varied
digital design role.
Whilst the development team implement your UI and designs,
you will produce elements for our websites, campaigns and communications across
We are looking for an individual who:
This is what you will do:
This is who you are:
ABOUT THE JOB:
Full-time, in-house, Sydney CBD based job for Australian residents or
others with a long-term valid working visa
Do you love design led on trend gifts and homewares?
Outliving is a global market leader in this space. We supply the leading retailers in Australia and the USA with giftware.
We distribute brands such as Kate Spade and we also design and
develop product for our in house brands Sunnylife and Mr & Mrs
We have funky offices located in Rosebery, Sydney and West Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Our business is fast paced and rapidly growing, and are currently in need of a dynamic ‘Head of Design’.
1. Hard working - we work hard and play hard (i.e. a couple of years
back we flew the entire company to Vegas for our offsite strategy week)
2. Energetic / Enthusiastic - we jump out of bed in the morning
3. Technology Savvy - we embrace technology to the max
4. Efficiency Junkies - we are constantly seeking better ways to do things ... anything sub-optimal drives us crazy
5. Absolute Integrity - nobody even tells white lies around here
6. Top Guns - we employ extremely smart people because we seek to be the best at everything we do
1. To Manage a strong creative design team of 3-4 designers
2. To look over and design PRODUCT, PACKAGING, PRINT, WEB & BRAND projects
3. Inspiring creativity throughout all design work.
4. Ensuring that all Design work is completed to the highest standard.
5. Ensuring that working processes (planning, testing, &
documentation etc.) are efficient & adhered to by the Design team.
6. Ensuring that the Design Department remain relevant and on trend.
7. Quality control and improvement of departmental output.
8. Maintain communication and relationships between Design and other departments within the business.
9. Develop the design strategy ensuring all design is directional and adheres to brand positioning
10. Drive team to work hard by showing them how it’s done.
1. Experience as a junior, mid weight and senior designer in prior roles
2. Must have experience managing and motivating a team.
3. Experience with print design, web design, packaging design and product design
4. Urgency - we need someone who works with a sense of urgency day in day out.
5. Leader, Always from the front
6. Killer skills with In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator & Sketchup.
7. Excellent communications skills both on the phone and in person
8. Very organised and detail oriented
9. Oodles of common sense
1. Positive energy
2. A “can-do” attitude towards solving problems
3. Loves people and life in general
4. Team player who will go beyond the call to maximise success of the company
5. Not too “precious” to do the little jobs often required in a small energetic team
6. Works well under pressure staying calm and friendly
7. Works well in a team and also autonomously
Please supply your design portfolio on application.