Free To Shine is an International NGO working in partnership with local communities to provide long-term scholarships for girls at risk of being trafficked into the commercial sex industry. We are a professional organisation committed to high standards. We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team and complete 100 hours of a volunteer internship over three months (one full day per week). This position will not be limited by location as majority of the work will be completed off-site. Preference will go to those in Melbourne.
You will receive practical experience working within a professional organisation. 100 hours of work experience to add to your resume. Insight into International Aid and Development and Non-government Organisations (NGOâs) structures and procedures. The opportunity to work with a group of like-minded individuals and the knowledge that you are assisting to make a difference in the lives of young girls at risk of sex slavery, as well as survivors of sex slavery, in Cambodia.
As a Design Officer your purpose will be to ensure that the image the public receive of Free To Shine reflects the organisationâs values of professionalism, trust, positivity, credibility and stability. All marketing materials, reports and imagery need to communicate Free To Shine's message and create positive experiences with the brand to encourage people to be involved and to stay involved. The Design Officer will liaise with the Design Coordinator and volunteers to ensure the highest standards of design are being met and that Free To Shine's branding remains consistent.
The work will be varied, but may consist of:
- Designing social media marketing materials and other digital design.
- Designing campaign materials, posters, banners, flyers and other print material.
- Ensuring all design work is of a high standard and consistent with the brand image.
- Assisting with extra tasks as required by the Design Manager.
Our perfect candidate will have:
- Some experience in Graphic Design (students very welcome).
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Indesign and lllustrator.
- An interest in International Aid & Development, or previous experience with NGOs
- After Effects knowledge ideal but not required.
- Experience in marketing ideal but not required.
- Eye for detail and consistency in all work.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Enthusiastic and personable.
- Ability to adhere to high standards when working with confidential information.
- Professional, honest and reliable.
- Ability to work under pressure and the flexibility to work within fast paced environment
- High standards of confidentiality.
You will be reporting to the Design Manager who is a full-time Graphic Designer with 7 years of experience.
Applications will be open up to the 17th of August, 2017.