Sydney Tools is Australia’s number one online retailer and market leader for major Power Tool brands. Sydney Tools offers a broad range of over 10,000 products from over 500 top brands from Australia and overseas.
Who We Are Searching For:
We are on the hunt for 2-3 passionate Graphic Designer with a strong portfolio of work in digital, print and HTML.
Our projects range from designing brands, logos, banners, catalogues, weekly EDM's, and engaging with our internal website developer to create and maintain designs for multiple websites. Capture, and edit videos, and images.
The Skills Required:
· Proficient in Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are a must, Sketch is good)
· An understanding of basic HTML/CSS code
· A grade attitude - Always striving to achieve industry best standards with a great thirst for knowledge on leading design and trends globally
· An all round balanced portfolio demonstrating varied work, including brand and identity, typography, print and digital
· Strong typographic skills
· Working knowledge of print production
· Exposure to social media projects is highly desirable
· Experience with photo shoots desirable but not necessary
· Collaborative approach to concept work and ideation
· Take a project from initial brief through finished art
· Attention to detail, especially when under pressure.
· Share an opinion on a design and speak confidently but it never clouds your judgement
· Display hard working ethics and remain self-motivated
· Work closely with marketing and managers on daily workflow
· Respect deadlines and work consistently
· Friendly, approachable and thoughtful with an awesome sense of humour
· Amazing communication skills, explain something to a non-designer quickly and with patience
· An exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment and professional operations in our office.
· Opportunity to play a significant role in enabling the development of our growing corporate portfolio.
- Build your skill set by working alongside, junior, medium, and senior graphic designers, and program coding developers
- Ample on-site parking
BBC Worldwide is one of the most recognised and respected media brands in the world. Our mission is to maximise profits on behalf of the BBC by creating, acquiring, developing and exploiting media content and media brands on an international platform. Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) is a priority territory for BBC Worldwide, focusing on growth across all its core business areas.
BBC Worldwide ANZ distributes great British content from the BBC and other producers to all free-to-air and most subscription channels in Australia and New Zealand. It works with partners to bring BBC Worldwide DVDs, magazines, digital apps, innovative products and live events to the local market, as well as offering advertising opportunities for the BBC's world renowned bbc.com news site. Our award winning content includes brands such as Doctor Who, Top Gear and Dancing with the Stars.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the marketing strategy and plans for the Entertainment Channel Brands. This role has one direct report.
Knowledge & Skills
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity!
If you feel you have the correct skills, knowledge and passion to be part of our success, please apply by sending your covering letter, CV and salary expectation to Ben Reid, HR Advisor.
Applicants must have eligbility to work in Australia.
BBC Worldwide Australia is in EO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 13 April 2015, 5pm.
We are trawling the open sea for a marketing intern to join us at Fish Tank Creative.
You are a young marketing gun, with strong communication skills and your brain is buzzing with crazy ideas. This would suit a recent graduate or those looking for workplace experience, as this is an unpaid position. This could lead to a part time role.
You’ll spend time writing strategic marketing content including website SEO copy, eDMs and Social Media to brochures, tag lines, blogs, everything. The successful applicant will gain a wealth of experience during the internship through real jobs. If you are the lucky applicant, you will be able to develop and hone your skills under close guidance from the team. You dream about working in a cool studio with other creative minds, you are super proactive, and you LOVE an agency buzz.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
• Writing quality marketing content for use across all platforms and print media
• Confidently provide updates on progress of jobs to team members about daily workflow
• Assisting in creation of email newsletters
• Online website updates and management.
• You have recently completed a Marketing / Communications degree
• You have amazing writing skills - impeccable spelling and grammar
• You have experience with blogging, story telling, writing or other content creation
• You are passionate about creative marketing and beautiful design
• You have a keen eye for detail
• You LOVE digital and media technology, architecture, property
• You have the ability to confidently provide updates on progress of jobs to team members about daily workflow
• You show a committed work ethic
• You are available 1-2 days per week, for a 3 month period.
• You are an Australian citizen, for work purposes.
• Experience with Wordpress
• Photoshop or Design Skills
• Online CMS website updates and management.
Please send through your CV and any recent projects in a pdf.
In your application, in the subject line or in your cover letter, please create a simple tagline (6 words or less) for our business, Fish Tank Creative.
We look forward to hearing from you.