Sydney, New South Wales
ABC Open seeks an Executive Producer to support and develop ABC Open's multiplatform and online community presence in innovative, creative and engaging ways.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Be point of liaison between ABC Open Project Directors, State Editors, Open Producers and the Design and Development team to communicate online requirements, content delivery, project information and developments for the website.
• Contribute to strategies and priorities for the enhancement of the ABC Open website and community engagement online.
• Provide strategic vision to lead the development and implementation of ABC Open (audience interactivity, content and engagement) on relevant platforms other than web (including mobile, tablets, smartboards etc).
• Work with Project Directors and Marketing to assist with promotion and distribution of ABC Open content across relevant platforms including social media.
• Maintain and build relationships with other ABC divisions and external partners.
• Maintain a good awareness of industry developments and audience trends, including new software and production methods.
• Apply sound judgment on content and editorial policy issues.
• Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
1. Demonstrated high level producing skills to research, plan, produce & develop online content to a high standard using a consistently creative, original & lateral approach.
2. Demonstrated project management skills to work with and manage other team members in order to deliver projects on time and within budget.
3. Demonstrated high level understanding of the key principles of web design, usability and information architecture.
4. Ability to write/sub-edit copy, and produce content in a style suitable to multiplatform presences.
5. Ability to liaise with ABC staff and external partners to collaborate on projects, content and cross-promotion
6. An understanding of, or experience with, working with communities both online and regional
7. Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines, and cope with unexpected situations with flexibility and initiative.
9. An understanding of ABC editorial policies, structures, output activities and objectives would be an advantage.
10. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
• Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at [...]
• Applicants must address the selection criteria.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer. ?The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
4 Nov 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
This job is now expired.