- Contribute to student engagement and participation
- Dynamic role, no two days will be the same
- Excellent salary and benefits
The University of Melbourne Student Union Inc (UMSU) is an incorporated association and is recognised by the University of Melbourne as the representative body for all students. UMSU is responsible for a broad range of student representative, student engagement and student support activities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Events Officer to work collaboratively and effectively with students and staff within UMSU.
Working with staff and elected student representatives, and operating under the general direction of the Manager, Communications and Marketing, this position will:
- Plan, execute and evaluate key events including UMSUâs Orientation, Festivals, Open Day and various student-run events;
- Act as a mentor to students, guiding and empowering them to design, develop and deliver student-led events;
- Develop and maintain guidelines to support events and event management within UMSU;
- Manage stakeholder relationships between UMSU and its sponsors and advertisers; and
- Provide guidance and direction to the casual marketing and events workforce;
To succeed in this position you will possess:
- Qualifications in Event management, Public Relations, or Communications;
- Significant demonstrated experience in marketing and events management;
- Proven ability to plan, execute and evaluate large scale events that follow a close approach to UX practices; from concept to delivery, this includes: coordinating all event logistics, post event wrap up and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience creating effective marketing plans;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders from different backgrounds;
- Highly developed analytical skills, with the capacity to anticipate potential problems and devise novel solutions; and
- Previous experience in management and supervision of staff.
To view the position description, please go to our website: [...]/get-stuff/jobs/
In return we offer:
- a truly unique workplace culture and lifestyle
- genuine opportunity for life/work balance
- 5 weeks annual leave and generous leave loading
- access to professional development opportunities tailored to suit your career progression
This is a full time (35 hours per week), continuing position with a salary of $76,486 plus 10.5% Super per annum.
Applicants are expected to provide a written response addressing the essential skills and qualifications as outlined in the position description, and should submit their application no later than 9:00am Monday 4 December 2017.
Applications should be addressed to [...]
This job is now expired.