We're scaling up our creative team and need a full-stack writer who can develop a value proposition for a startup one day and write a script for a bank's video the next.
If you can:
Why Step Change?
Step Change exists to help challenger businesses outsmart their competitors. We work directly with business owners and leaders across strategy, marketing and leadership. We have 100+ clients every year and they range from Sony Pictures to startups, from maternity wards to funeral homes (and everything in between).
So what’s a Challenger Business? They’re the ones with growth on their agenda and everything to play for. The rising stars. The beating heart of the economy. The fuel for positive change. So we’re out to help them. Because when challengers win, we all win.
Based in the CBD, our team includes strategists, project managers, designers, animators and digital geniuses.
How to apply:
We're looking for a Senior UX Designer/Lead for our who can support our Sydney team to create award-winning brands by delivering
As a Senior Experience Designer (SrXD) you oversee and deliver experiences to the highest quality possible. Your role involves: exercising an intellectual curiosity; demonstrating a strong sense of craft; championing user-centered design (UCD) processes and techniques; assuming brand custodianship for clients; managing client relationships; fearlessly telling clients things they may know, but are afraid to hear; and, collaborating with interdisciplinary project teams to create innovative solutions.
• Ability to simultaneous lead key user experience projects, while maintaining QA across all XD account deliverables
• Partner with the Design Director on proactive account initiatives.
• Comfortable acting as the UX Expert in all matters relating to retail and ecommerce.
• Comfortable facilitating workshops with clients to encourage the client through a participatory design process
• Ability to build trusted relationships with key client stakeholders
• You think about the broader business environment in which our clients operate and you bring this knowledge to the table in discussion with clients.
• You understand the importance of behavioural design in nudging customers to make small changes in their behaviour for the benefit of the client's business
• Ensure that user testing is conducted at appropriate intervals, ensuring that customers validate key design decisions.
• Present UX work to key account stakeholders (internally and externally)
• Provide UX mentorship across the account and wider XD department
• Sprint Estimation on all UX deliverables/tasks across the department
• Ensure that meetings (incl. weekly XD WIP with client) are run efficiently and effectively, with clear actions.
• Identify new opportunities to improve the sprint based process, in conjunction with other members of the team.
• Ensure projects & tasks are delivered on time and budget
Required Capabilities & Experience:
• 6+ years experience in a dedicated user experience role
• Demonstrate sound design principles through artefacts such as user flows, IA, site maps and wireframes coupled with a high degree of comfort in producing high fidelity prototypes using tools such as Axure RP.
• Demonstrated experience in User research and end to end testing (i.e User interview's, card sorting, surveys, lab user testing, a/b testing, benchmarking)
• Strong Knowledge of UX tools (i.e Axure, Optimal workshop, Silver back, Tree jack)
• Responsive, Mobile and app experience
This is a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's best web design firms. One look at our work showcases the exciting portfolio you could be involved in.
Please submit a folio demonstrating relevant UX experience with your application.