[ ] TATTOO?
[ ] BEANIE?
[ ] FIXIE?
[ ] GEE GEE SLUMMIN JEANS?
Art Director required. You may have ticked these boxes but we need a few more…
Do you live, eat and breathe digital and innovation?
Are you comfortable with any size screen?
Do you have the ability to take a brief and turn it into something that has talkability?
Do you have a track record of applying great design in applying great design to achieve positive commercial outcomes?
Do you also fancy yourself a copywriter?
Do you have a track record of delivering campaigns that are integrated and multi channel?
Are you passionate about brands and building BIG ideas?
one of Australia's largest and most influential high-street retailers,
General Pants Co. exists to disrupt the average and Edit and Deliver
global trends and fashion to inspire young-blooded individuals.
are looking for a dynamic, talented and experienced Art Director to
join the GP Co. Marketing team located in our Head Office @ Unit 25,
30-32 Beaconsfield St, Alexandria NSW 2015
At General Pants Co,
our hand feel and tonality is a core component of our marketing and
connecting with our fashion forward consumers. For this reason, the
majority of our marketing and design is done in house. The role of Art
Director is to elevate the current creative and visually bring General
Pants marketing campaigns to life across all GP channels. This role is
about taking our creative to the next level across all of our consumer
touch points for both our bricks and mortar stores and our online
channel, be that on desktop, tablet or mobile.
This is a rare
opportunity for a digital thought leader to make their mark driving
online creativity and helping define the tonality of General Pants Co.
You are a creative who can bring BIG ideas to life in smart ways, which
push boundaries, technologies, online media and social channels.
to the General Manager, Marketing you will be an experienced Art
Director with exceptional flair and creativity, lead and mentor a
creative team to deliver on brief, to budget, effective campaigns and be
pivotal in shaping the creative and digital landscape at GP. You will
also optimise studio processes leading to better output and motivate
those around you with your energy and ideas.
To succeed in this
role you will need to demonstrate the willingness and propensity to work
alone (self motivated) and to be part of a team (as the motivator) to
be able to accept and act on feedback and to continually be a fountain
of new ideas to engage our audience.
To be on top of it in this
role you will need to consistently deliver outstanding creative, be able
to create presentations that sell your ideas in, lead a team and
support the marketing/ online team in managing their priorities and
attaining the teams goals. You should have your finger on the pulse on
the latest creative and digital trends, memes, mechanics/ apps,
competitions, ecommerce site and key influencers for our demographic.
This person needs to be leading the pack not waiting for our competitors
to do it first, this applies to your work ethic as well at GP. You
don't wait to be briefed you leap what we could be doing next in your
down time and present ideas whenever you can get the forum.
positive GP attitude, endless amount of energy and a passion for design,
well developed communication skills, a natural ability to come up with
new ideas and a track record of delivering results above and beyond
what's expected are all essential.
The successful candidate must possess:
• Ability to come up with BIG ideas
• Ability to lift digital creative
• Ability to drive results through commercial outcomes and success
• Proven experience with art directing a fashion campaign from ideation through to implementation
• Track record of delivering campaigns that are integrated and multi channel
• Creative copywriting experience
Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop,
Illustrator, Indesign, sound understanding of HTML, Flash is a nice to
• Outstanding skills in digital design and strong understanding of online usability
• Proficient skills in understanding tonality and designing strategic documents
• The ability to work under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines on a weekly basis
• Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in working harmoniously as part of a team
• Strong prioritisation and time management skills
• Ability to work with and provide feedback to other creative resources to get to a better result
• Enjoys selling your ideas into your team and an exec team
• Established people leadership experience
• Experience in generating great ideas with a lean budget
• A strong commercial orientation with a demonstrated understanding of how design impacts on customer conversion
• Proven experience in art directing photo shoots
This is an exciting opportunity with an attractive package for a talented professional.
Are you a creative thinker with an unflappable nature? Do you have
a passion for print and love the idea of working for some of Australia’s
leading magazine titles? Due to a recent business win, Bauer Media is a looking for motivated, highly
organised Senior Designer/Art Director to direct photoshoots for one of Australia's leading retail brands.
This role would suit someone with 3+ years publishing or agency
experience who thrives in energetic, fast-paced environments. We’re looking for
someone is at once supremely conceptual and highly practical - you can think on
your feet & recognise some projects are about the craft, others about the
Experience directing and managing fast-paced, high-volume retail /
catalogue shoots will be highly regarded.
This role is based at our Alexandria Studios.In summary, you:
- Are able to understand an interpret a client brief & execute
design from concept to finished art
- Are commercially aware – you understand project budgets and how
to work within them
- Have excellent communication skills and can work both
autonomously and lead a collaborative close-knit team
- Can self-manage and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Are super organised, with impeccable attention to detail while
- Feel confident providing clear briefs to third parties including
photographers, stylists and writers
- Have a sixth sense for Adobe CS and strong finished art