Walker Books Australia is looking for a leader, someone with a bold creative vision, someone to inspire our passionate team of designers and create extraordinary books that will endure.
In line with growth in publishing and editorial this is a new position created to take our design to the next level with outstanding art direction. Ideal for an experienced senior designer looking for the next opportunity.
On offer is a role with unparalleled focus on excellence in Children's publishing -design, with a world-leading publishing house. You will ideally have 10 years' experience or more in designing quality picture books, illustrated fiction and nonfiction for children and young adults.
You will implement a strong yet collaborative management style. Have a desire to create award winning picture books, and be a leader and mentor to the design team. You will have an understanding of the importance of good department processes and solid work flow.
Our culture is highly collaborative, inspiring and exciting. Walker Books Australia is a part of the Walker Books Group, one of the world's leading independent children's publishers. Recognised worldwide for its truly original publishing and outstanding design we aspire to be the very best at what we do.
Essential Qualifications/Requirements:At least 10 years' of children's book design experienceA love of and experience in designing picture booksAt least 5 years' experience managing peopleStrong interpersonal and mentoring skills
If this is a role you could add value to, and gain enjoyment from, we would love to have you come and join us.
Strictly No Agencies or telephone solicitations please.
Only those with the rights to live and work in Australia need apply.
This is not an entry-level position.
As the Creative Art Director, you will work closely with the marketing team to research, conceptualize, design and produce all marketing materials for our digital properties. You will report to the Managing Director on the design and marketing team, bridging the design and marketing efforts at Apparel Eleven (aussieBum, The New Zealand Laundry Company). This position is full-time and based in Leichhardt, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
This position is open to local and international Visa applicants looking to relocate in Sydney Australia.
- Synthesize broad marketing goals and accomplish them through design
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the design, product and executive teams
- Lead design projects with internal and external resources
- Research, conceptualize, and design new or existing iterations of our online properties and responsive websites to fit existing brand guidelines
- Work closely with the Front-end IT developer to Wireframe and prototype concepts and ideas
- Work with the design team (still and video digital producers) to produce rendered photography of our products as well as post production and photo retouching.
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the user experience from concept to launch - as well as post-launch design support
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of our online properties
Clearly articulate design decisions to internal stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in a design agency environment or electronic hardware industry
- A portfolio of work showcasing experience in executing UX, visual design (typography/layout/color/composition), and interaction design on various mediums (web, mobile, app, etc.)
- Knowledge in Adobe suite and other design tools
- Knowledge in art direct other designers, photographers and illustrators
- Knowledge in information design, user-centered design methods, web principle and up-to-date with current web technologies
- Experience working cross-functionally and collaborate with other stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment whose bench mark is award winning in a global dynamic market environment. You need to be have the ability to with a dynamic and hands on enterpenur and thrive under pressure where the bench mark is always above what you may be capable of delivering. In essence, you want to grow as a desinger and as a key stakeholder in a company whose sites are focused on being the best you can be,