Brand & Design Coordinator - Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club & Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball Club
We are on the lookout for an energetic Brand & Design Coordinator to join the team in 2018! You will work closely with the Brand & Design Manager, as well as the broader commercial and football departments, to deliver upon important graphic design requirements for both clubs.
A dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will have the exciting and rare opportunity to work across two key sporting codes, keeping you relevant and challenged across a breadth of design requirements.
Who we are
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional Rugby League Club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
The Sunshine Coast Lightning netball franchise is a joint venture between Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club and the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC).
Both clubs have seen great success in recent times, bringing home grand final wins in both the NRL Telstra Premiership Competition and Suncorp Super Netball League in their respective 2017 seasons.
- Design all visual elements of marketing communications including print and corporate advertisements.
- Design all internal requests including stickers, posters, flyers, templates and all other ad hoc requirements.
- Design and deliver all annual documentation including yearbook, membership an corporate brochures, sponsorship and media backdrops, team poster, stationary and other ad hoc annual requirements in a timely manner.
- Effectively use Adobe suite software to create work of an agreed standard.
- Work with others as required to uphold all brand guidelines to maintain consistency across collateral including Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club, Kealba Hotel and Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball Club.
- Hold accountability for the graphic design offering and timelines across the business.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong understanding of graphic design and layout principles
- Demonstrated ability to deliver creative solutions to market
- Ability to interpret creative concepts from business partners and obtain deliver quality outputs
- Ability to deliver strong commercial outcomes through tactical design initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge of Desktop Publishing Tools
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- High level of initiative and ambition
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to work across the organisation with a customer focused approach
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Consistent demonstration of Club values
Applications close midnight 10 January 2018. This role will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks.