Oversaw all aspects of the production workflow for Channel7’s digital division, Platform7.
- Editing digital branded and non-branded campaigns for several shows such as My Kitchen Rules, Hell’s Kitchen, Sunrise and Little Big Shots.
- Created, wrote and produced original online content for the digital division
- Organised and managed the entire department’s post-production workflow and media management system. Including creating file naming and folder structure conventions, as well as export and sequence presets.
- Orchestrated and vision switched several Facebook lives for various shows and departments within Seven West Media, being the first employee of the company to run such a comprehensive and interactive experience.
- Occasionally a videographer for various productions such as Little Big Shots (digital extension), The Overwatch Playoffs at The Star for screenPLAY that was aired on 7mate and various internal company-wide videos via Facebook Workplace.
View my portfolio at jamesvass.com
- Creating project templates and bin/folder structures to ensure efficeint workflows
- Assist team with technical editing program enquiries
- Ensuring assets and all required files are in place before an edit starts
- Transcoding and quality checking footage
- Occasional video editing and shooting when team is at capacity
- Creating different file types upon request: editing, exporting and compressing videos as required (Web, Football Games, Cinema)
- Online video compression, uploading to servers, weekly backups
- Maintaining, repairing, renting and ordering film equipment
- Keep track of media stock levels and preparing for post and exports to clients via Dropbox, Hightail or mail
- Helping with travel arrangements for crew, shoot bookings and following up with footage etc
- Following up assets for large projects with clients - including drone footage, CGI’s, branding guidelines etc
- Making sure videos are broadcast safe and getting Free TV approval
I worked closely with the Film & Entries Coordinator to organise and prepare for the short film festival. This involved things like simplifying and consolidating organisation related information into in excel documents, handing out flyers and uploading video content to Youtube.
On the day of the festival, I did many miscellaneous errands to ensure the festival progressed smoothly and adhered to the run sheet.
I worked with the social media team and did the following activities:
- Wrote status updates incorporating various “Call to Action” techniques to encourage audience engagement.
- Gathered and analysed extensive data from user activities on social media websites’ Facebook and Twitter to help clients best communicate with their target audiences.
- Created keynote presentations for potential clients and current clients that summaries and highlighted the effectiveness their social media page with engaging with audiences – including several graphs, extracts of audiences responses and trends.
-Analysed the efforts and response of many clients competitors on social media to guide future approaches.
The first employee within Seven West Media to create and run comprehensive Facebook Lives.
University of Technology, Sydney
University of Technology, Sydney
Feb-2011 - Apr-2012 - University of Technology, Sydney
|Employer||Seven West Media|
|Website||login to view website|
Formerly a Digital Content Producer at Channel 7, I have had extensive experience editing branded content videos for Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. These have ranged from product unboxing videos for The Good Guys with My Kitchen Rules, event coverage for St George with 7mate, to Tasty-like cooking tutorials for ALDI with Hell’s Kitchen Australia. In addition to branded videos, I have also edited light hearted digital content for Little Big Shots Facebook and YouTube channels, and scripted content for the Sunrise Facebook page.
These projects all involved working extensively with clients, agencies and the show’s executive producers to incorporate their feedback as efficiently as possible.
Besides editing I have done multiple Livestreams for Channel 7, being the first employee to run a comprehensive Facebook live with multiple graphic layers, music tracks and video packages. These were done for several channels such as My Kitchen Rules, Hell's Kitchen and internal livestreams with Chief Revenue Officer Kurt
Burnette and the other with Chief Executive Officer Tim Worner.
I have also created, written and edited an original pilot for a Facebook web series for the digital Channel 7 brand, Platform7. This highlights my ability to be meticulous, technical and creative simultaneously, and my interest to be further involved in the creative process.
I have a thorough understanding of various programs within the Creative Cloud Suite, even teaching broadcast Avid users that freelanced with the digital team. These include Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition and, Bridge and Media Encoder.
As a strong believer in organisation and efficiency in the post production workflow, I created compulsory sequence presets, folder structures and export settings for my entire digital division.
Your message has been sent!
Save time and take advantage of member only discounts by signing up below:
Once you click confirm your message will be sent.
Thank you, The Loop Team