The Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government’s arts funding and advisory body.
Working in the Visual Arts team, I am the first point of call for artists seeking advise on available grants and their suitability to apply for funding. Responsible for organising board meetings including management of applications and support material, catering and travel for board members and setting up score sheets and agendas. The role entails reconciling credit cards, invoice payments, liaising with clients and suppliers, writing content for the Visual Arts section of the Australia Council website and coordinating Australia Council events.
• Coming up with new efficiencies from saving disk space on the server to making the council more environmentally friendly
• Interior design of break out area – I was given the challenge of invigorating the space on a very limited budget and incorporated plants, cushions, astro turf and wall stickers to turn an unused space into somewhere that people wanted to be
Animal Logic is a post production house specialising in design, animation and visual effects for film, television and advertising industries.
Working in the TVC department scheduling every job and task that came through the department for 40 plus artists and re-arranging the artist's tasks to maximise productivity and ensure deadlines were met by moving artist’s around in the schedule to fill any shortfalls in staff. Proof reading treatments and correspondence. Liasing with clients from CAD and production companies to directors and producers. I was responsible for ensuring the clients were supplied with all of the media they required to meet their deadlines and acted as the go-between communicatin the client’s wants and needs to the 3D artists to implement changes. Other responsibilities included organising travel arrangements and purchase orders, ensuring invoices were paid, approving all staff timesheets, managing leave requests and sourcing images and research for 3D leads.
My personal achievements include:
• Line producing a Chase Bank commercial out of our LA office, including managing the 3D department along side the 3D lead
• Coordinating 5 ING Direct commercials from organising the shoot to assisting with the compositing process before the ad went to air
• Coordinating Hyundai i45 commercials including assisting with implementation of design changes and attending shoots
Capital Investment is a private blue chip company that invests in a variety of projects including properties, charities, entertainment, media and agriculture.
A full-time Accounts and Administration position, responsibilities included Personal Assistant duties to the Chairman Charles Curran AO and Bernard Curran, Executive Director of Capital Investment Group and Screentime Productions (Producers of Underbelly). Reception duties including answering all incoming calls, directing them to the correct person and answering any client queries. Using MYOB to enter and prepare all invoices, cheques and tenant recoverables. Reconciling company credit cards and ordering all office supplies, as well as booking travel arrangements for staff.
My personal achievements in this role include:
• being promoted from a temporary Administrator to a full-time Administration and Accounts Assistant
• gaining MYOB experience
Canvas Group is an award-winning graphic design studio, with clients including Market City, Citibank, Ladakh and Oxford University Press.
Working closely with the Studio Manager, providing support to a team of eleven people. Assisting with project scheduling. Chairing work in progress meetings and updating the database with new tasks for designers to complete. Personal Assistant duties to managing directors. Creating quotes and timelines for clients. Maintaining databases and job tracking. Proof reading designers’ work before going to print. Liaising with clients and suppliers and attending print proof sessions. In-house photography, executing photo shoots to meet client’s brief, including organisation of props and talent and retouching of images. Invoicing. Ordering couriers, stationery and catering.
My major achievements in this role included:
• increasing Market City’s sales figures as a result of the photographs I took for their Spring/Summer fashion campaign. The advertisements appeared on billboards and in magazines across Sydney
• organising client based and internal social functions for over 100 clients and staff
• writing and compiling the company procedures manual
• negotiating with printing companies and suppliers, driving down costs whilst maintaining quality
Aon is an international company providing risk management, insurance and management consulting.
Working closely with the PA to the Principal of Aon Consulting and providing secretarial and administrative support to senior actuaries, actuarial analysts and consultants. This included compiling reports for meetings, filing and minute taking.
My main achievements included:
• being offered a full-time position after an initial temporary contract
• streamlining the filing system for maximum efficiency
Clearview is a provider of financial planning services and investment products for those in or nearing retirement.
I managed my time processing and banking up to 100 or more client cheques a day, managing client’s superannuation accounts and setting up one-off payments, regular contributions and rollovers.
Park Cameras is a camera store and showroom with a good reputation in the UK for its 35 years of customer service.
Working in the camera store and in the company’s mail order department, I sold cameras and accessories and provided technical support and sales advice. This role involved a lot of interaction with customers, face to face, by telephone and email. My responsibilities also included stock taking and accounts work, this entailed keeping record of profits and banking cheques and cash.
My main achievements included:
• attaining top three sales figures on a regular basis
• enhancing my verbal and written communication skills
2003-2006 - - University College for the Creative Arts at Farnham (Formerly Surrey Institute of Art and Design)
2002-2003 - - Brighton City & Hove College
2000-2002 - - Sussex Downs College
|Employer||Australia Council For The Arts|
Once you click confirm your message will be sent.
Thank you, The Loop Team