This 12-week course will launch you into building modern web applications using Ruby on Rails. You'll become a confident web application developer — able to build any idea that comes to mind.
Who should attend?
It doesn't matter if you haven't completed a computer science degree or tried coding before, anyone can learn to code. Perseverance and knowledgeable support are all that is needed — This course gives you exactly that.
If you've tried learning to code online and keep getting stuck, or haven't held yourself to practicing every week, this course will keep you accountable and give you the outcomes you are looking for.
Note: Some experience with HTML and CSS is recommended.
What you'll learn
- Be confident using modern developer tools, frameworks and methodologies
- Be confident designing applications using UX principles
- Use our application design process to know how to build any application from idea stage through to launch
- Design database structures for web applications
- Be able to solve any technology challenge by finding and accessing available resources
- Be able to deploy and optimise your web application using cloud services
- Build 8 web applications based on popular tech startups. Eg. Facebook, Airbnb, Yelp, Hacker News, Eventbrite, StackOverflow, Finder.
- Build your own advanced web application that you can use as the MVP of your own tech startup