Having worked across menswear and womenswear department, specialising in knitwear, c&s and woven styles, I have seized the opportunity to broaden my skill set across a variety of disciplines and categories. My main responsibilities include product development, creating tech packs for new and repeat styles, briefing internal and external stakeholders on production/construction methods, producing original artwork and trend forecasting.
In my role as assistant to the Senior Designer for wovens, I achieved the following:
- Increased speed of sketching to CADs as a tool during short ranging sessions
- Created mood boards and trend forecasting documents which effectively communicated the story of the range and inspired external teams
- Worked effectively with the Shanghai office and offshore vendors to develop accurate prototypes to be delivered in a timely and scheduled manner
- Managed the lab dip, strike off and bulk process
- Managed digital and physical range plan boards boards for accurate and effective range building and product development
- Build strong national and international vendor relationships through effective, respectful and timely communications and actions
- Creating CAD flat library (200+ technical illustrations)
- Assisting in fitting sessions (photographing, note-taking and providing feedback on samples)
- Researching relevant emerging trends in womenswear and youth apparel
- Redeveloping current styles for production
- Creating and discussing presentation documents with the design team
- Shadowed the Sewing Technician, Pattern Maker and Operations Manager
- Assisted the Pattern Maker in cutting samples
- Completed hand sewing, steaming and receptionist duties
- Developed designs and assisted the production of an apparel and homewares range
- Responded to creative direction with creative time and finance efficient ideas
- Regular tasks included designing, pattern making, cutting and sample construction
- Completed technical illustrations of draped rtw apparel designs using Illustrator
- Contributed to brainstorming the creative direction of a capsule collection
- Researched colour and design trends, as well as competitors
- Assisted the Senior Designer, Pattern Maker and Graphic Designer with design studio duties
|Education||Queensland University of Technology|
2+ years of commercial design studio experience across womenswear and menswear, and categories including woven smart and casual styles, cut & sew and true knitwear.
Experienced in creating tech packs, fitting garments, effective internal and external vendor communications, creating original print, embroidery and yarn dye stripe artworks, trend forecasting and designing original product.
Studied at Queensland University of Technology and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Fashion) and Business (Advertising) in 2016.
Your message has been sent!
Save time and take advantage of member only discounts by signing up below:
Once you click confirm your message will be sent.
Thank you, The Loop Team