Black Betty is Kristen Francis.
Kristen is an experienced Event Producer, managing and producing successful events for the music, corporate and not-for-profit industries over the past eight years. She was also the creator and producer of the highly acclaimed Legs 11 Music Festival that took place in The Domain in 2006 & 2007.
Since bringing her creative love child Legs 11 to life, she found she had a real knack for creating and producing unique events for the discerning audience. She has managed to dazzle not only the music heavyweights but also the other end of the spectrum such as Sydney’s high-end socialites & corporates through her diverse portfolio.
A self-starter, Kristen can and does create events from beginning to end. A keen eye for detail with the other eye firmly on the big picture she has most recently produced events for clients such as Wine Australia, SBS, and not-for-profit fundraising events for The Benevolent Society, St Vincents & Mater Health, leaving behind record breaking outcomes and satisfied Boards.
Aside from producing events, Kristen has held many roles in the music industry from Artist Manager, Label & Marketing Manager through to A&R at both major and independent record labels.
Black Betty’s philosophy is to produce unique events that bring people together and have a meaningful impact on the audience as individuals as well as a community.
Twilight at Taronga is a unique concert series that has taken place for the past 18 years at Taronga Zoo. I was employed as the Front of House & Site Manager for the 2014 season. During this period I was responsible for the safety and comfort of up to 2000 pax each Fri & Sat night. I also managed two FOH Assistants, and worked closely with the Stage Manager, Security and Taronga Zoo concert staff to ensure the satisfaction of VIP & GA guests and suppliers.
I was engaged by Wine Australia to produce their inaugural event 'Women in Wine' as part of Aussie Wine Month (April 2013).
The event was held on the evening of Tuesday, 30 April at The Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay and included wine tastings, food, live music and masterclasses - see below outline:
1. The Winemakers Regional Bar – showcased the wine regions of Australia with female winemakers pouring some of their favourite wines.
2. The Sommeliers Garden – featured a collection of top female sommeliers matching wines with food.
3. The Viticulturists Science Station - a chance to hear from the women who tend the vines and learn about the science of the grape.
4. Dan Murphy’s Winemakers Bar – masterclasses with Maeve O'Meara, Caroline Ryan and Sharyn Foulis
5. The Riedel Bar – collect your own complimentary Riedel glass and attendees can learn why wines taste different in different glasses
6. Lauren Murdoch (Chef at 3 Weeds Restaurant) - masterclasses
• Produce event from concept to completion
• Creative concepts and logistics including themeing, catering, budget, AV, entertainment
• Managing all the winemakers, viticulturists, sommeliers, speakers etc.
• Sponsorship management
• Budget management.
SBS engaged me to produce their inaugural event in January 2012 for the relaunch of the STUDIO channel brand and again in 2013 for a combined dinner with World Movies.
In 2012, an intimate and sophisticated dinner for the media and arts community was held at Luxe Studios in Darlinghurst for the rebranding of STVDIO (Australia's premier arts and culture channel) to STUDIO, and also mark the beginning of the channel’s highlight programming for 2012.
In 2013, the dinner launched the season for STUDIO and World Movies, again in front of the key arts and media organisations and held on stage at The Belvoir Street Theatre with a performance by Tim Rogers.
• Manage the annual SBS dinner for STUDIO & World Movies
• Concept, themeing, budget, AV, entertainment, catering
• Negotiated within a very tight budget to deliver the concept in full
A one day music festival held at Toyota Park, Cronulla featuring Hoodoo Gurus, The Beautiful Girls, Bertie Blackman, Richard Clapton, Ash Grunwald etc.
A twilight concert in support of breast cancer research featuring Missy Higgins, Paul Kelly, The Waifs, Clare Bowditch, Bob Evans, Little Birdy etc.
Legs 11 was a large-scale outdoor event in The Domain on a Friday night in late October in 2006 & 2007
Once you click confirm your message will be sent.
Thank you, The Loop Team