Duties include but not limited to:
- Liaising with external stakeholders in relation to license and merchandising, and the marketing and distribution of kids content, including reviewing and providing feedback for approvals and coordinating the supply of and creation of materials as required.
- Reviewing and providing reader reports/coverage on third party concepts/scripts.
- Development of concepts (alone and with others), including identifying potential properties (eg. books, magazine articles) for development
- Conducting research and writing for character and storyline concepts and writing/developing pitch documents to draft stage
- Identifying the talent for projects (with Carmel Travers) and coordinating deals with their agents
- Preparation of synopsis and marketing materials
- Assisting with development budgets and funding applications
- Management of social media platforms for kids content
- Reviewing kids film and TV trends – what’s working, what’s not
Producing, production management, production coordination / assisting, 1st, 2nd / 3rd AD, editor's assistant, distribution assistant, marketing, content creator, general lackey etc.
Key contact for non-theatrical sales business operations. Assisting to brief design for DVDs and deliver physical & digital materials to DVD Distributor partner – Madman. Management of digital materials, physical stock & product library. Rights information management for all program acquisitions.
Key contact for footage & subtitle sales businesses, (Includes: quoting, research, servicing materials & invoicing.) Updating, maintaining and creation of website content. Management of masters & materials on Filemaker database. Servicing physical & digital materials for international sales contracts
Feb-2012 - Dec-2012 - Australian Film Television & Radio School
2009 - - Australian Film Television & Radio School
|Employer||Essential Media & Entertainment|
|Website||login to view website|
Taylor Litton-Strain is an award-winning producer with a Post-Graduate Diploma in Producing from the Australian Film Television and Radio School.
Her short films have screened at over 70 film festivals worldwide, on television, at events including at the MCA, the Australian Museum and even in the sky, as part of QANTAS’ and Virgin’s inflight entertainment programs. Her films have won over 25 awards, one of which includes the prestigious Iris Prize worth £25,000 for her short film “All God’s Creatures”, Starring Ed Oxenbould and Nicholas Bakopoulos-Cooke.
Taylor has completed attachment roles with arguably the best drama producers currently working in the country - Ian Collie on crime-drama “The Broken Shore” and also with Imogen Banks and John Edwards during production on their popular Channel Ten drama series “Offspring” and pre-production on “Puberty Blues – Series 2’”and “Galipoli”.
Taylor currently works full time as the Development Executive for the Kids & Family department at Essential Media and Entertainment, one of Australia’s leading independent production companies.
In addition to her work with Essential Media, Taylor continues development on a slate of independent projects for online, TV and cinema, and is currently in production on “Jade of Death” a lesbian supernatural original online series with creator & writer/director Erin Good.
In early 2016 “Jade of Death” was chosen as one of only ten international projects to participate in the prestigious Berlinale Talents Short Project Development Lab, it was subsequently nominated for ABC iview and Melbourne Web Fest’s Pitch Perfect Program. The project is due for release in early 2017, but already has a large and continually growing following across social media.
Taylor Litton-Strain is an ambitious early career producer, driven towards achieving her goal of becoming an established producer of ambitious, compelling and highly commercial screen projects.
Your message has been sent!
Save time and take advantage of member only discounts by signing up below:
Once you click confirm your message will be sent.
Thank you, The Loop Team