Folio Preparation provides you with portfolio enhancement and a proven pathway for entry into tertiary courses within the visual arts or design areas or direct employment in the creative industries.
The NCAT Folio Preparation Course is set up to:
• Improve students’ practical and conceptual skills, and provide them with a substantial body of practical work for Tertiary interview & entrance.
• Provide detailed careers research and counseling to enable students to make informed choices regarding the multitude of art & design courses and careers on offer.
• Cater for a range of skills and interests, from beginners to advanced students.
• Enable mature aged students seeking a career change to build their practical & conceptual skills and a to create a folio.
• Build student’s creative confidence
The NCAT Folio Preparation Course enables you to:
• Access a course with NO tuition Fees - As a fully funded state government training program, we charge no fees. Ideal for those with existing qualifications for whom other certificate & diploma courses require full fees. Equivalent TAFE courses could now cost you $13,000!
• Access professional art & design faciliti
NCAT Folio Preparation provides students with an opportunity to radically improve practical and conceptual skills while developing a substantial body of work for industry tertiary interviews and entrance. NCAT Folio Preparation has close working relationships with all Victorian universities and TAFES offering art and design courses. Since 1989, over 90% of graduating students have gone on to further study. Many past students now work as Art & Design professionals and provide an invaluable resource as visiting speakers when investigating design careers and opportunities.
Two course options are available:
NCAT Folio Preparation: 3-4 days per week. (Post VCE). Certificate IV in Design or Certificate IV in Visual Arts
NCAT Create: 2-3 days per week. Mature age only. Certificate III in Visual Arts