Working as a freelance designer, artist and illustrator on the side while I study at the Sydney Collage of the Arts.
Alpha House is an artist run space in Erskineville for hire, aimed to exhibit works of fellow Sydney artists. Two other artists and I collaborated, organised and curated our group exhibition that was held for a week. It had a constant flow of visitors and sales throughout this time.
- Using my computer & graphic design knowledge to create flyers, posters & cards
- Local and social media advertising management
- Business networking with with fellow artists, curators and collectors
- Working in our team to be a highly profitable and successful artists
- Tirelessly working towards selling & providing an exceptional customer experience
- Achieving and exceeding in our sales, budgets and team goals
- Using my strong verbal and written communication skills in practice
- Photographing and documenting the event
The Deli Erskinville is a fine foods retail store packed with products specialising in local and imported cheese, small goods, antipasto, preserves, condiments, artisan breads, free range meats and prepared meals and gourmet sandwiches.
- Maintaining, merchandising and replenishing stock store-wide
- Operating tills, calculating change manually and banking
- Serving and assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Product knowledge for the large variety of meats, cheeses, breads and other goods
- Handled the meat slicer safely and hygienically
- Following daily opening and closing procedures
- Working to achieve an end of day quota
Alimento Deli was a small retail deli located on Smith street, Summer Hill. It not only has deli retail services but also a selection of home cooked meals, gourmet sandwiches, soups, pastas, salads, biscuits and cakes.
- Memorizing all the products and procedures
- Handling food in a hygienic and presentable manner
- Taking phone calls and ordering in products
- Quickly and carefully taking and making sandwich orders
- Up-selling products and giving them helpful alternatives if desired
- Welcomed customers like they are being invited into a family home
- Creating fresh sandwiches using the deli's own products
Hourani's is a restaurant that brings unique Lebanese cuisine to Rhodes. Usually served in banquets, Hourani's also serves lunch and dinner, including their own version of wood-fired pizza.
- Taking costumer orders and getting to know the regulars on a first name basis
- Clean up tables, floors, windows, collecting dishes and bathrooms
- Memorizing the menu, products, services and prices
- Being on my feet for a long period at a time
- Worked behind the bar and served drinks
- Constantly on the look-out if any customers or other staff in need of assistance
- Presentable and always wearing a smile even when dealing with angry customers
- Using the EFTPOS machine and cashier
Solutions Outsourced are a full service digital agency that is based in Camden providing world class marketing, media and web solutions for businesses across Macarthur, Sydney and Australia-wide. I did hands-on work as a full-time intern for six weeks.
- Used Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign effectively
- Created web-pages via Photoshop and working together with the programmers
- Taking client phone calls and emails and keeping them up-to-date with projects
- Designed posters, flyers and even fav-icons
- Communicating with other staff so we're on the same page
- Updating Solutions Outsourced's social media presence; emails, twitter, etc.
My design was chosen out of many other designers to be used for the music festival - Fisher's Gig.
Poster and merchandise design work.
Once you click confirm your message will be sent.
Thank you, The Loop Team