Art direction, design and illustration of textile yardage & placement prints
Art direction and design of branding
Clients included Peter Alexander, Romance Was Born, Sapling Babywear, Karolina York, Six Hands, Mambo
Design conception and development of artwork for textile yardage and placement prints.
Part time lecturing in subjects covering the areas of Textile, Graphic design for Fashion
& Textiles, Fashion Illustration
The roles and responsibilities carried out at Shona Joy were diverse, covering both areas of Design and Production.
Experience specific to Design:
• Developing concepts and designing textile placement and yardage prints for commercial production of t-shirts for over 7 collections
• Designing Look Books, Swing tickets and promotional material for 7
• Branding design of the Shona Joy label- logo development, letterheads, business cards and various seasonal promotional material
• Trend forecasting and storyboarding for each season
• Range planning and design of Ready-To-Wear collections specific to the Shona Joy target market- from initial concept, through to
sample cutting of all fabrics, fittings and salesman sample design
• Design of fabric stories for each range
• Fabric and accessories sourcing
WSA Online was a web based company with clients in a broad range of industries including automobile and tourism.
Roles at wsa online were:
• Developing working relationships with clients in order to utilise client knowledge of products and services offerings for online communication and coupling this knowledge with my own design skills
to create the most effective interface for users
• Research and Creative Brief Development
• Identifying and collating client and target audience needs with the objective being to create the most effective front end web design solution
Clients at WSA Online:
MITSUBISHI, TIAS, ACCOR, FORD, HYUNDAI, AUSTRALIA POST, CHAOS
MUSIC, CITIBANK, MACQUARIE BANK, VIRGIN RADIO, FRANKLINS
Spike was a large web based corporation with clients in a broad range of industries including fashion, lifestyle and automobile.
Roles at spike were:
• Researching, identifying and collating client and target audience information for purposes of creating the most effective interface design
• Front end web design for clients across a diverse range of industries including fashion, automobile, lifestyle, finance, tourism, sport.
Clients at Spike:
RIP CURL, ISSEY MIYAKE, MERCEDES AUSTRALIAN FASHION WEEK (1999)
TOYOTA, HONDA, MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUNDS, CALIFORNIA CULTURE
NET, AUSTRADE, COMMONWEALTH BANK
I designed an online shop for my own label 'Me & Oli'.
An interactive and illustrated site, the user has the ability to choose a print and match it to a garment shape. I did all the illustration and user interface design for the site.
The website was also included in the book "The 365 best css websites around the world. 2011".
2002-2004 - TAFE NSW - Sydney Institute (Fashion Design Studio)
1995-1999 - University of Wollongong
|Website||login to view website|
Lalita Lu is an illustrator and designer with an avid love for what she (not so accidentally) specialises in: textile and surface design.
With strength that lies in illustration and textile design, Lalita has over 13 years combined concept development and design experience across a diverse range of industries including fashion, homewares, film, music, advertising and even automobile.
It should be highlighted that she is highly skilled in illustration and textile design for fashion- both high end and commercial- including babywear, childrenswear, womenswear, menswear, sleepwear and accessories.
She has worked as an Art Director, Illustrator and Designer in Australia, Japan and Thailand and has worked with a number of clients both locally and internationally including Sapling Child, Peter Alexander, Mambo, Shona Joy and Romance Was Born.
She has also had experience working as a Lecturer in all areas of Fashion including Fashion Illustration, Textiles and CAD.
Having worked in a broad range of industries, in a wide variety of roles (Illustrator, Fashion & Textile Designer, Stylist), used a variety of mixed media in creating artworks (pencil, collage, painting, photography and digital) and interior spaces (designing for Pop Up Shops and exhibitions) she has become highly flexible in her style and adaptable in the application of her creative skills across all mediums- which provides her with a strong commercial edge.