|Education||2002-2004(TAFE NSW - Sydney Institute (Fashion Design Studio))1995-1999(University of Wollongong)|
|Website||login to view website|
I am a Sydney-based Illustrator and Designer and an avid lover of creating beautiful, highly polished work to meet any design objective no matter who the work is for or what the medium is in- be it fashion, textile, print or web.
With a Bachelor Degree in Commerce (Marketing) & Creative Arts (Graphic Design) as well as an Advanced Diploma in Fashion & Textile design from the reputable East Sydney Technical College, I have combined over 12 years of experience in Illustration, Graphic and Textile Design across a diverse range of industries including lifestyle, tourism, automobile and, in particular, fashion.
Clients I have collaborated with in the creation of patterns and/or illustrations include Peter Alexander, Shona Joy, Made590, Romance Was Born & Mambo.
Having worked in a broad range of industries, in a wide variety of roles (Illustrator, Fashion & Textile Designer, Stylist), used a variety of mixed media in creating artworks (pencil, collage, painting, photography and digital) and always being up for a challenge in order to build my own skills, I have become quite flexible and adaptable with my style.
From stylised, realistic, hand illustrated works to collaged, abstract, graphic design work, I am able to work closely with you to create work in a style that suits what your project is after in the most beautiful of manner.
Clients included Peter Alexander, Romance Was Born, Sapling Babywear, Karolina York, Six Hands, Mambo
Design conception and development of artwork for textile yardage and placement prints.
Part time lecturing in subjects covering the areas of Textile, Graphic design for Fashion
& Textiles, Fashion Illustration
The roles and responsibilities carried out at Shona Joy were diverse, covering both areas of Design and Production.
Experience specific to Design:
• Developing concepts and designing textile placement and yardage prints for commercial production of t-shirts for over 7 collections
• Designing Look Books, Swing tickets and promotional material for 7
• Branding design of the Shona Joy label- logo development, letterheads, business cards and various seasonal promotional material
• Trend forecasting and storyboarding for each season
• Range planning and design of Ready-To-Wear collections specific to the Shona Joy target market- from initial concept, through to
sample cutting of all fabrics, fittings and salesman sample design
• Design of fabric stories for each range
• Fabric and accessories sourcing
WSA Online was a web based company with clients in a broad range of industries including automobile and tourism.
Roles at wsa online were:
• Developing working relationships with clients in order to utilise client knowledge of products and services offerings for online communication and coupling this knowledge with my own design skills
to create the most effective interface for users
• Research and Creative Brief Development
• Identifying and collating client and target audience needs with the objective being to create the most effective front end web design solution
Clients at WSA Online:
MITSUBISHI, TIAS, ACCOR, FORD, HYUNDAI, AUSTRALIA POST, CHAOS
MUSIC, CITIBANK, MACQUARIE BANK, VIRGIN RADIO, FRANKLINS
Spike was a large web based corporation with clients in a broad range of industries including fashion, lifestyle and automobile.
Roles at spike were:
• Researching, identifying and collating client and target audience information for purposes of creating the most effective interface design
• Front end web design for clients across a diverse range of industries including fashion, automobile, lifestyle, finance, tourism, sport.
Clients at Spike:
RIP CURL, ISSEY MIYAKE, MERCEDES AUSTRALIAN FASHION WEEK (1999)
TOYOTA, HONDA, MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUNDS, CALIFORNIA CULTURE
NET, AUSTRADE, COMMONWEALTH BANK
I designed an online shop for my own label 'Me & Oli'.
An interactive and illustrated site, the user has the ability to choose a print and match it to a garment shape. I did all the illustration and user interface design for the site.
The website was also included in the book "The 365 best css websites around the world. 2011".