Great content is at the heart of everything we do. We offer a better entertainment experience every day to each one of our 2.5 million subscribing homes through delivery of new and inspiring programming across all genres, the world's most popular channel brands, and investment in high quality local content. Join our team of superheroes who work tirelessly to help secure and promote our great programs.
We are now looking for an Editor to join the Lifestyle team until June 2016! In this role you will develop and implement LifeStyle's online editorial strategy including the production of market-leading editorial content across LifeStyle's key content categories (Food, Health, Style, Property, DIY, Garden, Travel, Pets) as well as the microsites for LifeStyle's local programming, including: Selling Houses Australia, Grand Designs Australia and River Cottage Australia.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement editorial strategy and content plan in order to meet LifeStyle's online traffic targets and consumer needs
- Ongoing publishing, coordination and management of content upload
- Write, sub and edit core editorial content in line with best-practice SEO principles
- Manage LifeStyle's large team of experts and contributors, which includes commissioning content and providing editorial guidance
- Monitor site metrics and usage patterns and adjust editorial strategy accordingly to ensure content is targeted and high-impact
- Keep abreast of the latest editorial and digital opportunities, meeting with market suppliers to broaden LifeStyle's content offering
- Work cohesively with Brand Partnerships team and external ad agency to achieve revenue targets by developing compelling campaign briefs and activating these to a high standard
- Maximise on and off network promotion across online, TV and print to drive audience by working closely with internal and external Marketing teams
- Work closely with external development and design agency to project manage the conception, implementation and delivery of microsites, marketing campaigns and promotions
- Liaise with external production companies to ensure high editorial quality of digital extensions to TV shows (including video, factsheets, images and supplier lists)
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years in editorial content production across magazines, digital and television
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of content creation experience for lifestyle websites
- Understanding of online content management systems with a solid understanding of SEO and web design/development principles
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, video hosting platforms (eg. Brightcove) and Google Analytics/Omniture
- Attention to detail in creative excellence and execution and an awareness of best practice editorial
- Management of editorial contributors, external digital production agencies and content partners
- Basic understanding of television landscape and production practices
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Being a part of the Foxtel team gives you access to a great range of benefits! It's designed to give something back for the hard work you do every day. Benefits include a generous employee subscription offer, awesome discounts and deals, competitions and giveaways from some amazing brands, access to a wide range of activities and health & wellbeing offerings through our Vitality program and much more!
We start with the customer, we work as one team, we make it simple, we are courageous & we are creative.