Sydney Tools is Australia’s number one online retailer and market leader for major Power Tool brands. Sydney Tools offers a broad range of over 10,000 products from over 500 top brands from Australia and overseas.
Who We Are Searching For:
We are on the hunt for 2-3 passionate Graphic Designer with a strong portfolio of work in digital, print and HTML.
Our projects range from designing brands, logos, banners, catalogues, weekly EDM's, and engaging with our internal website developer to create and maintain designs for multiple websites. Capture, and edit videos, and images.
The Skills Required:
· Proficient in Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are a must, Sketch is good)
· An understanding of basic HTML/CSS code
· A grade attitude - Always striving to achieve industry best standards with a great thirst for knowledge on leading design and trends globally
· An all round balanced portfolio demonstrating varied work, including brand and identity, typography, print and digital
· Strong typographic skills
· Working knowledge of print production
· Exposure to social media projects is highly desirable
· Experience with photo shoots desirable but not necessary
· Collaborative approach to concept work and ideation
· Take a project from initial brief through finished art
· Attention to detail, especially when under pressure.
· Share an opinion on a design and speak confidently but it never clouds your judgement
· Display hard working ethics and remain self-motivated
· Work closely with marketing and managers on daily workflow
· Respect deadlines and work consistently
· Friendly, approachable and thoughtful with an awesome sense of humour
· Amazing communication skills, explain something to a non-designer quickly and with patience
· An exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment and professional operations in our office.
· Opportunity to play a significant role in enabling the development of our growing corporate portfolio.
- Build your skill set by working alongside, junior, medium, and senior graphic designers, and program coding developers
- Ample on-site parking
Now in its 19th year in Australia, Nickelodeon
is a globally recognised and widely distributed multimedia entertainment brand
for kids and family that has built a diverse, global business by putting kids
first in everything it does. From its
Sydney headquarters, Nickelodeon operates two linear television networks
(Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.) across Australia and New Zealand. The company includes both locally produced
and global television programming plus consumer products, digital applications,
theme parks, recreation, books and feature films.
Reporting into the Marketing Manager
this role is responsible for providing
in-house graphic design and copy writing services across all the Marketing and
Creative teams; including
recurring design jobs, resizing, re-touching and additional mix of ad hoc digital,
print and graphic design requests and to be the point of contact for external
design and copy approvals and image and asset sourcing from external partners
(affiliates, commercial partners and media).
The key responsibilities of the In House
Designer role include:
and updating of recurring marketing material including Foxtel eboards, Sky
posters, Telstra Tbox posters, DVD inserts, print advertising, and email
of ad hoc internal requests from all departments including invitations, flyers,
merchandise, signage, digital assets for web and social and PowerPoint
of existing artwork to fit new specs, including minor amendments.
re-touching and photo manipulation.
guidance of Marketing Co-ordinator, sourcing and provision of images, copy, and
video for events bookings and regular affiliate activity including Foxtel
Insider, Foxtel Access, Foxtel eDMs/Yammer, and requests from Stan, Presto,
Fetch, and iTunes.
guidance of Communications Executive, sourcing and provision of images, copy,
and video for media requests, including maintenance of press site.
guidance of Marketing Executive, sourcing and provision of images, copy, and
video for advertising bookings.
and approval of material from events, partners, and affiliates including copy,
logos, and other brand guidelines.
The successful candidate will have:
1+ years’ experience in a similar position in an
Tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design or
to design for digital and print, including understanding of technical
requirements and content delivery.
Strong copy writing skills.
working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
eye for detail.
time management skills.
to work under pressure.