Want to work with Metro Screen: the home for
the emerging screen and media maker? Located in Paddington Sydney Metro Screen
provides production funding, courses, equipment, space and crew hire for film,
TV and digital content.
We're looking for the right person to lead
the organisation's graphic design needs by building its style and brand
strength with energy, efficiency and creativity. The chosen candidate will
update, develop and maintain Metro Screen's website and other online spaces to
allow greater usability and brand advancement. Reporting directly to the
Marketing Manager this position provides an interesting variety of tasks and
ample opportunity for innovation.
The position is for 2 days a week paid at
$50,000 pro rata plus superannuation.
There is a 6 month probation period.
• Create new pages and features on website.
• Design graphics for Metro Screen promotional materials including all online
sites, flyers, posters, online and print ads, email templates, blog and
newsletter in Campaign Monitor and other materials as they arise.
• Update content on both our main websites [..] via ISH.
• Design and deliver internal and external stationery including letterhead,
comp slips, envelopes, business cards, enrolment forms, programs, course
booklets, cover sheets, annual report and other items as they arise.
• Control the style guide and logo guide in liaison with Manager.
• Maintain and update a useful image library in liaison with Manager.
• Assist other activities related to the Marketing Department for Metro Screen.
• Graphic design skills and experience in both web and print environment with
• Proven website design and implementation skills.
• Sound knowledge of Wordpress, CSS and HTML, other Web development skills
• Experience working with Campaign Monitor and a Content Management System,
[ours is ISH with OnCourse].
• Understanding of brand awareness strategies.
• Experience in using: Adobe Suite including: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign,
Illustrator, plus experience with an FTP application.
• Experience in After Effects desirable.
Applications must include the
• Resume including three referees
• Covering letter
• Summary of work that addresses the selection criteria
• Examples of at least two urls of websites designed and implemented by the
• Three examples of graphic design work [as a pdf.]
Katrina Tucker, Marketing Manager
Metro Screen, PO Box 299 Paddington 2021, [..]
Deadline for applications: 05 January 2015
[NB: Preferred start date early February 2015].