Web Producer, Q&A
Sydney, New South Wales
Contract Position for Approximately 4 Months
- A keen interest in the current issues of the day, and in those who contribute to public debate.
- Strong editorial judgement and enthusiasm for producing an entertaining and engaging multiplatform program.
- Sound knowledge of Q&A's social and digital media platforms.
- Solid journalistic skills with experience writing for social media and the Q&A website to engage audiences.
- Exciting practical proposals for developing further Q&A's digital and a social media presence as vigorous and useful tools for the audience to extend their democratic involvement.
- Experience and skills to manage Q&A's various interactive systems.
- Ability to use FCP and other content manipulation software to facilitate inclusion of UGC on Q&A.
- Thorough knowledge of web publishing and multimedia including image manipulation.
- Ability to lead a team of moderators.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to contribute to a vigorous editorial team.
- Capacity to work well under pressure and on a live program.
An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, copyright and laws relating to defamation, Equity & Diversity and Work, Health & Safety.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to apply visit Application Tips
Closing Comments: There will be no reimbursement of relocation costs.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
Closing date: 8 Jul 2012