An exciting & challenging opportunity exists at Network Ten – Sydney for an Associate Producer to join the Digital Media department. The Associate Producer creates, updates and collates content for the TV show websites and some social channels on TENplay. The role requires a mix of technical and editorial capabilities.
You will play a key role within the Digital Content team, working closely with external production companies as well as our wider Digital team, broadcast, marketing, publicity and sales teams to produce high quality, innovative websites and multiplatform applications.
We are looking for someone with 1 – 2 years’ experience as a production assistant or coordinator, working on a portal or large scale website. The role will involve the following:
• Maintaining and updating the TENplay website, mobile apps and other platforms via our Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Creating content for a number of show sites on TENplay
• Working with Senior Producers and the wider content team to promote our TV shows and their show sites
• Fostering and building relationships with external production companies to produce quality, unique content
• Liaising with internal departments such as Marketing, Publicity and Promos for brand consistency on-air and online
• Checking the websites and platforms daily to ensure technical and editorial quality is upheld
• Creating engaging social media content and managing the communities
• Promoting our shows and digital content effectively across our various platforms
• Working with the sales integration team to find creative ways to commercialise content
• Working with the Technical Producer and Technology team to test updates of existing products and also new products before launch
• Work with the team to optimize the user experience on TENplay and drive traffic
• Generate ideas for new content, technical and general improvements with the ultimate aim of improving TENplay and increasing audience engagement.
• Supporting the Producers and Product Managers on projects when required
Key skills required for the role:
• Photoshop skills to prepare images and create promotions on the site and social channels
• Strong organizational, time and task management skills
• A good understanding of digital and social media trends
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write promo copy and sub edit long form work for the web
• High level of attention to detail
• Basic HTML skills are desirable
You are passionate about TV and all things digital and are looking for your next challenge. You can manage various tasks and multiple internal and external stakeholders in addition to being editorially confident enough to write promotional and general content to a style suitable to our online audience.
If you feel that your skills and experience could be suited to this opportunity and enjoy the challenge of working in a busy team environment, please apply.
Please note Network Ten has a strict policy on recruitment agencies, we will not accept agency applications.
Applications close 14th November 2014