Sydney, New South Wales
Host is a creative agency based in Sydney. We are seeking a motivated Mid-level web developer to help us deliver ambitious ideas for adventurous clients.
This position requires an understanding of web-based technologies, social media applications and implementation solutions for innovation projects. The developer must be hands-on/proficient in the use of current programming languages and technologies, and work closely with the creative and production team on the concept, development and maintenance of online projects for clients in the travel, retail, lifestyle and finance industries.
• Demonstrate complete understanding and independent execution of all standard web development technologies associated with advertising agency projects.
• Prototype and test new web solutions.
• Manage with website performance, software or production problems in a timely manner and promptly communicate them to appropriate team members.
• Work closely with the Production Team to bring the project in time and on budget, and be able to highlight issues that may lead to deviations as they occur.
• Participate in initial scoping discussions to determine the project’s technical requirements, and be able to provide recommendations based on creative / production specifications.
• Contribute to in-house solutions such as tool development.
• Evolve skills by working with the Creative team to establish a high level creative direction for the project and then use those core concepts to drive detailed content design.
• Advance in delivering an optimized technical solution to enhance creative concepts while retaining it’s technical integrity (i.e.: usability and search engine optimization).
• Communicate and educate the wider team the technical solutions in detail.
• University degree or equivalent with 3+ years experience in Web Development, with a proven track record
• Ideally have experience working in a Creative agency environment
• Experience working with Macs & PCs.
• Firm believer in open-source/LAMP environment technologies
• Knowledge of programming languages, usability standards and best user-experience practices online
• Clear understanding of programming languages including CSS, PHP, HTML and JavaSript/jQuery, Facebook applications and using MySQL databases.
• Medium to high-level knowledge of Wordpress and other CMS applications, and how to implement complex designs for them.
• Knowledge of technical requirements for website development and deployment, including the setup and maintenance of webservers and databases/LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP).
• Excellent English communication skills.
• Attention to design and code detail and conscientious of maintaining quality of throughout the project.
• Ability to work independently.
• Demonstrable creativity, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Capacity to understand creative/online trends and recommend technical direction.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and objectives simultaneously.
• Prioritize daily workflow and demands on quality, time and resources.
• Self-motivated, independent, diligent with a sense of humor and a positive attitude.
• Dependable, punctual, flexible, creative and verbal.
• Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment.
• Remain current on industry trends and techniques in web development.
• Grow their skills in providing guidance, feedback, or instruction to the team to enhance their work product.
If this sound like you then please get in touch by applying below. Please provide cover letter with your CV and reference this position.
This job is now expired.