Sydney Publicity Manager
Sydney, New South Wales
Seven Television is the leading free to air capital city television network in Australia and is part of Seven West Media.
Seven West Media is the leading, listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia comprising Seven Television; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership; Yahoo!7 one of the nation's most successful internet platforms, as well as Western Australia's leading newspaper, The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
We are seeking to appoint a Publicity Manager to lead our Sydney Publicity team based at Jones Bay, Pyrmont. This role will suit a highly motivated person with passion, commitment and demonstrated experience in publicity. You will bring both a strategic and day to day focus in publicizing Seven programming and work to our audiences in the wider community. The role must work collaboratively with Seven presenters, cast members, management and external media to communicate Seven's programming to the public in diverse areas such as news and public affairs, sport, entertainment and drama.
As the Sydney Publicity Manager you will be responsible for:
- Developing and creating external communications in collaboration with Seven Producers and Managers about our programming.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Sydney Publicity team to develop concepts into effective strategies across a multi-media environment
- Execute communication briefs including developing a suite of materials appropriate for various communication platforms.
- Establishment and maintenance of professional working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Manage a budget, budget tracking, forecasting and reporting.
Candidates considered for the role will possess the following:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as a Journalist or Publicist.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching a medium sized team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TV production.
- Well maintained journalist contacts and established relationships across all media.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate across all levels of the business.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet demanding timeframes revolving around the media news cycle.
- A thorough knowledge and awareness of the operation of social media
- High level of aptitude and understanding of IT and design software packages.
- This is the perfect opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and will be a pathway to further career opportunities.
Please apply using the link below.
31 Aug 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
This job is now expired.